Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default SLIM versions: if the box does NOT say "SLIM" on it is it then original version?

    None of the Asmus hobbit figures I have purchased within the past month--namely Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin--say "SLIM version" anywhere on the box, as my Aragorn figure does. But when I purchased them they all said they were SLIM. Have I been fooled? Or do the SLIM versions of the hobbits not identify themselves as such on the box? They all do appear to be SLIM versions judging from pictures of the head sculpts I see online.

    (These purchases were made before I was aware Asmus has an online store via it's website.)

    I do see online what appears to be version 1, or the original version, in which Merry and Pippin are both frowning (these are not what I have):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merry and pippin v.1.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	448372

    The ones I have look like these guys:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merry and pippin v.2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	448367

    Similarly the Frodo and Sam I purchased look like these:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frodo and sam v.2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	448368

    and not this (these are not what I have):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frodo and sam v.1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	448369

    The boxes for the figures I have look like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frodo and sam boxes.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	448370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	merry and pippin boxes.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	215.0 KB 
ID:	448371

    i.e., without any markings to indicate they are the SLIM versions.

  2. #2
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    5,424
    Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Reputation
    I think the 'slim' releases are the re-releases with updated head sculpts.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokes & Bats View Post
    I think the 'slim' releases are the re-releases with updated head sculpts.
    Yeah, looks like. But some of the boxes seem to be marked with the "SLIM version" logo. Whereas some are indeed SLIM versions yet the boxes aren't marked as such?

  4. #4
    You have the slim versions. My boxes are in storage so I can’t check rn but I don’t believe they actually say “slim” either.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Can anyone please tell me what the difference is between the slim aragorn and regular? And is one more sought after than the other? Thank you

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebob7 View Post
    Can anyone please tell me what the difference is between the slim aragorn and regular? And is one more sought after than the other? Thank you
    IIRC the original has sculpted hair and the SLIM version has rooted hair. SLIM might also have improved the head sculpt? I believe the SLIM version is more sought after, but right now finding nothing on EBay for either by which to compare.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebob7 View Post
    Can anyone please tell me what the difference is between the slim aragorn and regular? And is one more sought after than the other? Thank you
    Details for original version here:

    Details for slim version here:

    Original version had more: 2 heads with sculpted hair (slim has 1 head with rooted hair), traveling gear A & B (bedroll pack),
    2 stands (1 simple & 1 with statue, slim has only the simple), 1 pair of leather boots (slim has 1 pair of molded boots),
    1 bow, 1 quiver, 6 arrows, 1 pair of Orc bracers (for building an orc).

    The original version along with the head with rooted hair would be the most sought after
    (this head sold alone as an expansion).

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jk_blue_tiger View Post
    Details for original version here:

    Details for slim version here:

    Original version had more: 2 heads with sculpted hair (slim has 1 head with rooted hair), traveling gear A & B (bedroll pack),
    2 stands (1 simple & 1 with statue, slim has only the simple), 1 pair of leather boots (slim has 1 pair of molded boots),
    1 bow, 1 quiver, 6 arrows, 1 pair of Orc bracers (for building an orc).

    The original version along with the head with rooted hair would be the most sought after
    (this head sold alone as an expansion).
    Thank you

Similar Threads

  1. F/S 6 Hot Toys True Type TTM09 Slim version
    By RUMADMAN in forum For Sale/Trade- Action Figures
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 07:34 AM
  2. Hot Toys-TTM09-1/6th TrueType Body(Caucasian - Slim Version)
    By wookster in forum General Collectibles -Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
  3. Hot Toys - African American True Type Body (Slim Version)
    By ChaserFan in forum General Collectibles -Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 10:09 AM
  4. wtb slim truetype (does not need to be complete)
    By FAL5E in forum Items Wanted
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •