Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Just a little freaky
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Rainy old England
    Posts
    56
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation

    Default Question for UK collectors

    Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this, but didn't know where else to post this.

    UK statue collectors, where do you buy your statues from? If it's straight from sideshow, I was just wondering how much I can expect the postage and customs to be?

  2. #2
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,448
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lashley View Post
    Sorry if this isn't the correct place to post this, but didn't know where else to post this.

    UK statue collectors, where do you buy your statues from? If it's straight from sideshow, I was just wondering how much I can expect the postage and customs to be?
    I received my huntress yesterday. Postage was £103 and customs fees were £31. The 100 quid postage made me sick as I got the batman modern age a couple years ago and that was around 50 pounds and a bigger box.

    But the customs taxes for huntress were thankfully a lot less than I've paid before so I'm not complaining now.

    I prefer to buy on eBay from this country or Europe to avoid customs fees but the deals are few and far between. I had to go with sideshow for huntress as I couldn't find any in all this time in the UK/ Europe and with the replacement cape.

    The prices feom sideshow are going up and up, but if I want an EX piece I'll just bite the bullet as I'm not guaranteed to get it any cheaper on the after market.

    There are some sites like collectibles direct and movie figures, both have good customer service but sometimes you'll be waiting a while for the pieces to be imported and the price isn't always right so I prefer to bite the bullet and get from sideshow more often, as at least I receive it within 3 days - which is pretty good seeing as it's coming from overseas

    Hope that helps some

  3. #3

  4. #4
    I also vote for Collectibles Direct as the best UK based supplier. Occasionally cheaper to order direct from Sideshow though, depending on the piece. Also if you want the ex thats the only way to go.

  5. #5
    Just a little freaky
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Rainy old England
    Posts
    56
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Appreciate all the help

    I'm after the Wolverine Premium format statue

  6. #6
    Yeah Cdirect are prob the best although sometimes a little slow on getting stock. They usually are very well priced.
    Another decent uk stockist I used recently is Retroandcollectables. They ship fast and usually have discount codes floating about. I'm pretty sure there is one for 10% off your first order which I used on the 66 batman pf recently.

    If I cannot get what I want from the uk, a couple of good stockists in europe are toysheroes.com ( Italy ) and figurine-collector.fr ( france )
    Both are well priced and pretty cheap on shipping.

  7. #7
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Merseyside. U.K.
    Posts
    21,564
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
    I received my huntress yesterday. Postage was £103 and customs fees were £31. The 100 quid postage made me sick as I got the batman modern age a couple years ago and that was around 50 pounds and a bigger box.

    But the customs taxes for huntress were thankfully a lot less than I've paid before so I'm not complaining now.

    I prefer to buy on eBay from this country or Europe to avoid customs fees but the deals are few and far between. I had to go with sideshow for huntress as I couldn't find any in all this time in the UK/ Europe and with the replacement cape.

    The prices feom sideshow are going up and up, but if I want an EX piece I'll just bite the bullet as I'm not guaranteed to get it any cheaper on the after market.

    There are some sites like collectibles direct and movie figures, both have good customer service but sometimes you'll be waiting a while for the pieces to be imported and the price isn't always right so I prefer to bite the bullet and get from sideshow more often, as at least I receive it within 3 days - which is pretty good seeing as it's coming from overseas

    Hope that helps some
    Haven't received anything for over a year but expecting something soon.

    Did you get charged 5% V.A.T instead of the 20% they've been hitting us with for several years?

    CDUK used to be a great place to buy non exclusive pieces but they seem to be more expensive than buying direct recently.
    Buy direct, get the Ex and receive it around 6 months sooner.

  8. #8
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,448
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
    Haven't received anything for over a year but expecting something soon.

    Did you get charged 5% V.A.T instead of the 20% they've been hitting us with for several years?

    CDUK used to be a great place to buy non exclusive pieces but they seem to be more expensive than buying direct recently.
    Buy direct, get the Ex and receive it around 6 months sooner.
    You mean on the customs fees? I've no idea as I didn't actually get an invoice, just a text/email to request I pay.

    And I agree with you that sideshow is often cheaper and you get the items sooner anyway

    Edit: but that is the case for any place

  9. #9
    Just a little freaky

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    89
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Hi.

    Great post.
    Iím from Ireland. Itís the same. I canít really buy from sideshow directly anymore as the shipping and customs is an absolute joke. So pricey. Iíd love to and would buy the new wolverine pf as would love the ex but itíll cost too much to get in hand.
    My way is to wait and see if one goes on eBay Europe otherwise I wonít buy.
    Good to see the sites above mentioned by others. Iíll check them out.

  10. #10
    Just a little freaky

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    89
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Reputation
    Custom fees in Ireland are higher than the Uk it now seems. Any other Irish collectors confirm this?

Similar Threads

  1. Question about Toybiz Collector Figures 12" Green Box Arwen
    By sdexam in forum Middle-Earth/Hobbit/LotR - action figures
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2016, 01:12 PM
  2. Serious question about Batman Collectors moving forward!
    By DevilinthePaleMoonlite in forum DC Comics- action figures
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 05:40 PM
  3. Question for the collectors of various sculptures.
    By edonian in forum DC Comics- action figures
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 07:19 PM
  4. a question for collectors
    By Randysgut in forum Show your Shelves!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 04:14 AM
  5. Question About SSW Statues From Newbie Collector
    By warlock664 in forum Middle-Earth/Hobbit/LotR-Statues, Props, etc.
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-08-2005, 02:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •