Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (93%)
    Default Re: How much did you pay for your XM statue (shipped)?

It's not wise for us to pay anything close to these prices. The bubble is about to bust.

Every body complaints about the shipping price but from official XM retailer in Europe, the price is almost the same...so if one day XM is allowed to sell in America it will be almost the same price that you've all paid until now !!...one XM statute cost from official retailer in Europe almost 1000 EUROS (1100 USD)

Super Freak
    Feedback
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
    Every body complaints about the shipping price but from official XM retailer in Europe, the price is almost the same...so if one day XM is allowed to sell in America it will be almost the same price that you've all paid until now !!...one XM statute cost from official retailer in Europe almost 1000 EUROS (1100 USD)
    Only way for XM to lower shipping prices would be for them to open a warehouse in the USA so China could ship directly there instead of it going to Singapore then to the USA. On top of that they would need to increase their Edition Size to make it worth selling In the USA. Either that or ship the majority of the Edition Size to the USA. It would be interesting to see what percentage they sell to actual collectors in the licensed areas vs flippers and middle men buying and selling outside the license area. If for example they sell 80% of the statues to collectors in their licensed area and only 20% to flippers and middle men then it makes no sense to try and expand their licensed areas...

I would be surprised that they could sell 999 statues to such a small licensed area, so odds are the majority of their statues goes to the outside licensed areas.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan350zr View Post
    Only way for XM to lower shipping prices would be for them to open a warehouse in the USA so China could ship directly there instead of it going to Singapore then to the USA. On top of that they would need to increase their Edition Size to make it worth selling In the USA. Either that or ship the majority of the Edition Size to the USA. It would be interesting to see what percentage they sell to actual collectors in the licensed areas vs flippers and middle men buying and selling outside the license area. If for example they sell 80% of the statues to collectors in their licensed area and only 20% to flippers and middle men then it makes no sense to try and expand their licensed areas...

I would be surprised that they could sell 999 statues to such a small licensed area, so odds are the majority of their statues goes to the outside licensed areas.
    Agree 100%

Buckeye Nation MODERATOR
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
    Agree 100%
    I've said that from the very beginning

not so sure of that...most of their statue are now less than 999.. .Just look at Iron Fist (ES 600) it's is distributed in Brunei Darussalam , China , Germany (It means XM Studios EUROPE cause they are official supplier for EUROPE) , Hong Kong , Indonesia , Korea, Republic of , Malaysia , Philippines , Singapore , Thailand...Not so small area for sure, i have to agree that a part goes outside or to flippers but i don't think the pourcentage is so big

Super Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by filip629 View Post
    Heck, I have a contact and it's still challenging getting XM pieces. I've basically stopped POing any new pieces because of the crippling shipping cost to the US.
    Yeah venom and electro are my last pieces I have on PO. Got tired of seeing people trying to sell pieces after PO and when they are shipping with free shipping....lol.
    Doubtful that will happen with venom and Electro but the others I want I think I'm going to wait them out for now on as so many end up way cheaper later on..

Super Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m.c.d.spargo View Post
    It's not wise for us to pay anything close to these prices. The bubble is about to bust.
    It certainly seems that way, especially with the lesser popular characters.
    Overall the whole collectible market I believe is heading for a major correction soon. Way to much stuff coming out from higher end companies and with the prices skyrocketing something has to give.

Quote Originally Posted by quadcent View Post
    It certainly seems that way, especially with the lesser popular characters.
    Overall the whole collectible market I believe is heading for a major correction soon. Way to much stuff coming out from higher end companies and with the prices skyrocketing something has to give.
    I thought something like this would have happened by now. I wouldn't be surprised if what we're seeing is the volume of purchases per capita decline at the same time the volume of buyers is on the rise from the major superhero cinematic push in the last 10 years and the general perception of what had been geeky now being hip.

That, or we're all way more great at gagging on the rising prices than I thought we'd be.