Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 799 of 801 FirstFirst ... 299699749789795796797798799800801 LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 8004

Default Re: Hot Toys MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Just bought this figure yesterday on Ebay.

Pictures looked like there was no fading on the figure except for a small part of the back of the neck but I will know for certain when it arrives next week.

I was planning to wait for the diecast piece to be available however this one was at too good of a price (less than half what the new diecast MK VI will cost) to pass on for a figure that I want in my collection.

Last Son Of Krypton
    Feedback
    69 (100%)
    Follow Username On Twitter Add Username on Facebook Visit Username's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeonstone View Post
    Just bought this figure yesterday on Ebay.

Pictures looked like there was no fading on the figure except for a small part of the back of the neck but I will know for certain when it arrives next week.

I was planning to wait for the diecast piece to be available however this one was at too good of a price (less than half what the new diecast MK VI will cost) to pass on for a figure that I want in my collection.

Even if it is faded, you can repaint it fairly easily.
    Well, they're not scared of dying. They're just scared of looking bad on tv...

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    Even if it is faded, you can repaint it fairly easily.
    That's what I am planning to do if it needs it.

Already have an airbrush/compressor and bought the Tamiya Red as I had planned to experiment on some of the accessories that came with the 12" Iron Man Legends toys to make them a bit more metallic for background fillers in a workshop display.

Whether it comes with a bit of fading or not though, I figured that for $170 I really couldn't go wrong either way at that price.

Last Son Of Krypton
    Feedback
    69 (100%)
    Follow Username On Twitter Add Username on Facebook Visit Username's Youtube Channel
    That's what I am planning to do if it needs it.

Already have an airbrush/compressor and bought the Tamiya Red as I had planned to experiment on some of the accessories that came with the 12" Iron Man Legends toys to make them a bit more metallic for background fillers in a workshop display.

Whether it comes with a bit of fading or not though, I figured that for $170 I really couldn't go wrong either way at that price.

Ive never tried the Tamiya red but I have used the other stuff. See my post above.

Ive never tried the Tamiya red but I have used the other stuff. See my post above.
    I'll put an order in for the Gaia Red as well then. I can test them both out before deciding which to use (if I have to at all).

Here's another question along those lines though.

If the fading is caused by UV exposure then could it be prevented altogether by applying a preventative application of a clear coat with UV resistant properties to the piece before it starts to fade?

That could be good, but I think a lot of people feel it's got more to do with the soft plastic.

Last Son Of Krypton
    Feedback
    69 (100%)
    I'll put an order in for the Gaia Red as well then. I can test them both out before deciding which to use (if I have to at all).

Here's another question along those lines though.

If the fading is caused by UV exposure then could it be prevented altogether by applying a preventative application of a clear coat with UV resistant properties to the piece before it starts to fade?

It's only ever affected the PVC parts. Could be a problem with that. The plastic parts are usually fine.

It's only ever affected the PVC parts. Could be a problem with that. The plastic parts are usually fine.
    So... the issue could be because of an interaction between the PVC plastic and the paint, the paint and UV light or a combination of all three mixed together.

Hi guys, I am on the fence of selling this figure to buy the diecast version mk 6..

Will the panties fade again after the repaint?

I prefer the look of the battle-damaged parts on this version over the diecast version but the paint fading issue is really a pain..

Quote Originally Posted by chon1n View Post
    Hi guys, I am on the fence of selling this figure to buy the diecast version mk 6..

Will the panties fade again after the repaint?

I prefer the look of the battle-damaged parts on this version over the diecast version but the paint fading issue is really a pain..
    Unfortunately, I think it did return for some people.

Page 799 of 801 FirstFirst ... 299699749789795796797798799800801 LastLast