Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: Delete

  1. #91

    Default Re: Hot Toys MMS Obese Thor & Prof. Hulk?

    One of my favorite things about Endgame was the depiction of Thor. They took one of the most unrealistic and unrelatable characters and suddenly he became one of the most flawed and human ones. At the beginning he was played for laughs which some people took offense with (there are a few articles about it), but I love the fact that he grew over the course of the movie. It showed that just because someone has depression and isn't the person they used to be, they are still worthy (Mjolnir). I also loved the fact that at the end when he regained himself and battled through his depression he didn't suddenly get a new body to go with the new outfit, which I somewhat expected to happen. Wether the film makers meant it that way or not, it had some deeper connotations about accepting yourself for who you are and being alright with what you've become.

  2. #92
    I don't understand when folks on this board make these comments. Hot Toys can't alter or tone down the look of Thor or it won't pass muster with the licensing requirements. Thor is one of the big 3 and he sells! Of course they will make him and they will make him screen accurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwelveInchFigures View Post
    Do you honestly believe that they will sell as many fat Thor figures as they did previous versions, if HT does it true to the movie and makes him as obese as he was in the film?

    Personally I believe if they make him, they'll tone it down and he'll be "stocky" and not have the mighty belly he had in the film, and bet you that's exactly what they do as a way to "compromise" and make "fat" Thor saleable, he'll be "stocky Thor". Some people will complain it's not screen accurate, but the bottom line is they'll sell more because no one wants Thor to look like a tragic Santa, except perhaps a small minority of fans who have a fat fetish.

  3. #93
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    San Diego!
    Posts
    2,878
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by TwelveInchFigures View Post
    Do you honestly believe that they will sell as many fat Thor figures as they did previous versions, if HT does it true to the movie and makes him as obese as he was in the film?

    Personally I believe if they make him, they'll tone it down and he'll be "stocky" and not have the mighty belly he had in the film, and bet you that's exactly what they do as a way to "compromise" and make "fat" Thor saleable, he'll be "stocky Thor". Some people will complain it's not screen accurate, but the bottom line is they'll sell more because no one wants Thor to look like a tragic Santa, except perhaps a small minority of fans who have a fat fetish.
    Yeah I absolutely feel like they'll sell full sized Thors just as well as old ones. He's definitely a real looking Thor and he'd come with Stormbringer and Mjolnir, plus I'm sure some lightening effects knowing them. If you think him being big will be off putting to customers, I don't know what to say...have you met the average toy buyer?

    Quote Originally Posted by GetUpKid View Post
    One of my favorite things about Endgame was the depiction of Thor. They took one of the most unrealistic and unrelatable characters and suddenly he became one of the most flawed and human ones. At the beginning he was played for laughs which some people took offense with (there are a few articles about it), but I love the fact that he grew over the course of the movie. It showed that just because someone has depression and isn't the person they used to be, they are still worthy (Mjolnir). I also loved the fact that at the end when he regained himself and battled through his depression he didn't suddenly get a new body to go with the new outfit, which I somewhat expected to happen. Wether the film makers meant it that way or not, it had some deeper connotations about accepting yourself for who you are and being alright with what you've become.
    Yeah exactly, if people can't see what Thor went through and still came out on top, I don't know what to say. Everyone wants characters to have arcs, but Thor starting out on top and then dipping to some lows is all of the suddenly crappy and bothersome?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmtv0216 View Post
    I don't understand when folks on this board make these comments. Hot Toys can't alter or tone down the look of Thor or it won't past muster with the licensing requirements. Thor is one of the big 3 and he sells! Of course they will make him and they will make him screen accurate.
    Exactly that too, he's a big 3 character. Nebular will get an EG figure but Thor won't? HT will spend a few bucks figuring out bigger bodies or fat suits or whatever to get him right.

  4. #94
    Super Freak

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,902
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    They’ll make Thor, but anyone who thinks they’re going to use anything but a fat suit is kidding themselves. Unless they plan to go with his first appearance in the film, which is highly unlikely, it’s going to be the final battle look — which means fat suit.

  5. #95
    A lot of strong opinions about Fat Thor here

  6. #96
    Fat Thor in action

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7415.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	454419

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by GetUpKid View Post
    One of my favorite things about Endgame was the depiction of Thor. They took one of the most unrealistic and unrelatable characters and suddenly he became one of the most flawed and human ones. At the beginning he was played for laughs which some people took offense with (there are a few articles about it), but I love the fact that he grew over the course of the movie. It showed that just because someone has depression and isn't the person they used to be, they are still worthy (Mjolnir). I also loved the fact that at the end when he regained himself and battled through his depression he didn't suddenly get a new body to go with the new outfit, which I somewhat expected to happen. Wether the film makers meant it that way or not, it had some deeper connotations about accepting yourself for who you are and being alright with what you've become.
    excellent post! That was the best message from the movie. They've been building him up to take over after odin since the first thor, but I'm not sure why.

  8. #98
    Apprentice MODERATOR
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Death Star
    Posts
    17,745
    Feedback
    33 (100%)
    Reputation
    Add Hydeous on Facebook Visit Hydeous's Instagram Channel

  9. #99
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    San Diego!
    Posts
    2,878
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydeous View Post
    Anybody getting these bootleg fat Thor :

    https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?ro...roduct_id=1794
    I'm thinking about it but I want to see one released Woo Toys product before committing.

  10. #100
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hales Corners, WI
    Posts
    8,617
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Reputation
    Follow Rambler On Twitter Add Rambler on Facebook Visit Rambler's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by dukefett View Post
    I'm thinking about it but I want to see one released Woo Toys product before committing.
    same here

    CHECK OUT MY FOR SALE THREAD



Similar Threads

  1. 1/6: Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America
    By MedievaL in forum Marvel Action Figures
    Replies: 1413
    Last Post: 06-13-2019, 03:01 AM
  2. 1/6: Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow
    By KeatAlex in forum Marvel Action Figures
    Replies: 326
    Last Post: 06-08-2019, 12:20 PM
  3. 1/6: Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame - Rocket
    By BLNadal in forum Marvel Action Figures
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 06-05-2019, 12:14 PM
  4. 1/6: Hot Toys MMS 534 Avengers: Endgame - Nebula Figure
    By DarthAlias in forum Marvel Action Figures
    Replies: 411
    Last Post: 05-27-2019, 01:18 AM
  5. Replies: 3270
    Last Post: 05-13-2019, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •