Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Default 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

I think I'm done once I reach 10k posts.

"Eat This!"
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
    I still wonder if they'll try to give it the purple glowing effects shown in the trailer... I kinda doubt it.
    Owned/(Pre)Ordered/Want List
    *Updated July 9th 2018*

They mention “figures” in their post. Awesome.

Fair and square baby!
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    It mentions all star line-up. Getting a HT Killmonger!

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    They mention “figures” in their post. Awesome.
    They'll tease Killmonger, and then not release it like practically every other ying to yang villain...
    Pre Orders: MMS470 Black Panther, MMS472 Thor Ragnarok Loki, MMS474 Thor Infinity War, MMS473D23 Iron Man Infinity War.

Quote Originally Posted by DasMuse View Post
    I still wonder if they'll try to give it the purple glowing effects shown in the trailer... I kinda doubt it.
    The purple is everything, imho. Regardless of whatever justification the movie offers for it, at the very least, it's a nice visual proxy for the channeling of T'challa's ancestral abilities from the Necropolis.

"Eat This!"
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Femtech View Post
    The purple is everything, imho. Regardless of whatever justification the movie offers for it, at the very least, it's a nice visual proxy for the channeling of T'challa's ancestral abilities from the Necropolis.
    No doubt. I can't say I won't be bummed it HT doesn't implement it at all, because I certainly will be. Originally I said I'd get this figure anyway, but if they get lazy with it and just release it as is with no Boseman sculpt either, I'm likely going to pass. I'm hoping to be surprised, but with the increasing amount of shortcuts they've been taking I still doubt it's going to be anything special. I hope I'm wrong.
    *Updated July 9th 2018*

Quote Originally Posted by DasMuse View Post
    That would be awesome, but I honestly won't be upset if it doesn't because I have no idea how they can make it work. My guess is much of the effect even in the film is CG. But hey, more power to them if they come up with a way. As for me, I just want a classic representation of the character with an unmasked option and more Black Panther themed accessories. I passed on the Civil War version betting on a more improved and robust version with his solo movie; so I can't wait to see what they put out. Glad to see the figure being teased.

"Eat This!"
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymas View Post
    That would be awesome, but I honestly won't be upset if it doesn't because I have no idea how they can make it work. My guess is much of the effect even in the film is CG. But hey, more power to them if they come up with a way. As for me, I just want a classic representation of the character with an unmasked option and more Black Panther themed accessories. I passed on the Civil War version betting on a more improved and robust version with his solo movie; so I can't wait to see what they put out. Glad to see the figure being teased.
    Yeah... Maybe I am expecting too much of them for a feature like that. But I do really hope they can make it happen, because I think it's amazing.

As long as it has a Boseman sculpt, i'm likely going to get it.
    *Updated July 9th 2018*

Purple. Maybe they will make the body under the clothes purple to have that purple effect. Like superman has that silver body to show through his blue suit.
    Never had a Black Panther, this might be the one.