Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Default Re: SSC Daredevil Sixth Scale Figure

Absolutely love the headsculpt – moreso than the HT version if i'm honest - however the rest of the figure is awful imo!

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    I like this a lot better than HT one, but it's more of a personal preference on design. I find that most TV and Movie superheroes are either in some form of leather outfit, or something that looks like motocross/hockey padding. I realize it's the only way to do it on screen, but other than BVS Batman, I almost always prefer these "comic" designs...
    "I could destroy you... {snaps fingers"}... yust like that!"

Super Freak

Feedback
    25 (100%)
    But this is not really a comic design. Daredevil never had those dumb patches over his costume or those hideous looking kneepads if that's what kneepads look like nowadays.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dario2739 View Post
    Absolutely love the headsculpt – moreso than the HT version if i'm honest - however the rest of the figure is awful imo!
    Same. Damn cool lookin' head sculpt for sure.
    Unfortunately it is impossible to find things like this separately on ebay.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    26 (100%)
    Follow Jbeltram4 On Twitter Add Jbeltram4 on Facebook
    If how crappy the suit looks didn't kill it, to my eyes at least, it looks like you can get 0 dynamic poses with this guy. This is not The Man Without Fear. Hope Ghost Rider comes out better than this(with some villains coughcoughDrDoomcoughcough coming soon after). Maybe swing for the fences and give us the Fantastic Four before this line is cancelled.

DAYUM, AFRO!
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Aesthetically it needs more definition. Maybe they will tweak it. Whatddo I know - NO BODY SHAMING lol

Super Freak
    Feedback
    99 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy409 View Post
    But this is not really a comic design. Daredevil never had those dumb patches over his costume or those hideous looking kneepads if that's what kneepads look like nowadays.

The "Comic Book" title on this line is deceiving.

This will get the prize as the worst looking 1/6 Daredevil ever. The Wolverine was bad as well. I don't know what Sideshow is going for - the 90' dumb look. Why the steel tipped boots. I had those in the 90'. I'm telling you, you're not doing any acrobatics with those suckers on.
    Some people will love this and God bless 'em. This figure is as much as the Hot Toys Daredevil and there's just no comparison in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jespernicolaj View Post
    This will get the prize as the worst looking 1/6 Daredevil ever. The Wolverine was bad as well. I don't know what Sideshow is going for - the 90' dumb look. Why the steel tipped boots. I had those in the 90'. I'm telling you, you're not doing any acrobatics with those suckers on.
    Some people will love this and God bless 'em. This figure is as much as the Hot Toys Daredevil and there's just no comparison in my opinion.
    Aesthetically, I think SSC gave him the exposed steel toe boots to echo the steel colored claws at the end of his fists. Totally unnecessary but also a totally minor problem, the figure looks f0ck'n killer in person! I love this character in this costume and Sideshow did it justice.

If the steel colored boot tips bother you so much, just paint 'em a matching brown or black and it's fixed.

I won't disagree with you on SSC's Daredevil, I won't be buying him.

It's the same price as Hot Toys Daredevil. I think I'll just buy that instead

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast