Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    P1 is Truth
    Feedback
    49 (100%)
    Default Re: New Code of Conduct

Seriously...there's a list of certain people that get away with crap like that too often.
    Get up and deconstruct.

Banned

Feedback
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
    So no negative posts are allowed what so ever?

There was justified critisism of the new MK42 Bust production pictures.
    Everything had just been deleted.

Compared to what was offered at pre-order, prototype, that thing looks awful.
    Exactly.

How exactly would you like us to post negative critiques of a production piece or prototype?

As for 'Thread Drifting/Steering -Please keep discussions on topic' I'd like to say it was nice knowing Brainiac and Dark Angel.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    59 (100%)
    If you want to do this policy, could we at least make it consistent and explicitly forbid sexist/misogynistic comments.

I can think of several times in my years here where I was accused of being on my period in one way or another. In at least one case where I did flag it (and I flagged it because of the sum total of teh person's behaviour towards me), it was not removed.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Follow greygoose on Flickr Visit greygoose's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Y4NK33 PL4N3T View Post
    How exactly would you like us to post negative critiques of a production piece or prototype?
    I think it's a case of - you can't!

I'm glad I left my thread drifting-figure bashing days behind me way back in 2011.

Banned

Feedback
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by greygoose View Post

I'm glad I left my thread drifting-figure bashing days behind me way back in 2011.

That settles that then, I can't wait to read how 'great' 'awesome' and 'amazing' every single product is from now until the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by greygoose View Post

It doesn't say you can't negativly critique. It says don't just slam stuff just to slam it. It you see a real issue then fine.

IE- I don't think the new X figure looks anything like the proto. It's nose/eye ect are off.

Instead of "i think it's crap". What exactly does that mean? If someone did want to fix anything (maybe in the future) how does that "crap" statement actually help in any meaningful way?

I don't see anywhere it says don't critique, in fact it says it encourages it....but just random statements of four letter words do not further any discusion, and to be frank, most people don't care if you think it's ugly. (That's a general statement not directed toward anyone) the look of these things and interest in them is completly subjective, and two people often see things completly differently. So if you have a specific thing you think needs to be addressed(robocop rubber, caps inflexibility) then let people know. If you think BW is ugly. No one really cares and it you can't debate or discuss that. This isn't a comment board. It isn't a gif board. It is a discusion board.

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    And here we have part of what I perceive of the problem. Members take a small part and make it all about that single element, ignoring anything that might contradict their argument. Obviously they can see that it says that "debate is encouraged" but instead choose to focus on their perceived "no criticism" which is no where to be found in the Code.

Banned

Feedback
    52 (100%)
    It's no where to be found in the code, yet it's enforced in the forum ie - the SS Mk 42 bust thread. Hence the initial question which still has gone unanswered by an admin/mod.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    As for 'Thread Drifting/Steering -Please keep discussions on topic' I'd like to say it was nice knowing Brainiac and Dark Angel.
    I have no problem keeping on topic. I'll just move stuff to PM or somewhere else so it doesn't inhibit the thread.
    Thank You For Your Cooperation

Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Follow Brainiac On Twitter Follow Brainiac on Tumblr Visit Brainiac's Instagram Channel
    What did we do?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    I have no problem keeping on topic. I'll just move stuff to PM or somewhere else so it doesn't inhibit the thread.