Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Original Dudley
    Feedback
    19 (100%)
    Default Re: Indy 5 on the way?

Fate of Atlantis goes from snows of Nepal to Africa's dessers and Azores Rain Forrests, to under the sea in a German sub and Atlantis. Leave Marion at home, and since Indy is old and married you could work Sofia Hapgood as a love interest for Mutt. The nazis would have to be replaced by russians.

Of course its a good idea that the fans actually want so Lucas has already made clear it will never happen.

Building a Better Year
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Fate of Atlantis goes from snows of Nepal to Africa's dessers and Azores Rain Forrests, to under the sea in a German sub and Atlantis.
    See, that's what I'm talking about. Not so keen on Atlantis, but it does seem "Jones-ish" I suppose.

I'm a little tired of deserts and jungles as primary locations.

Even seeing Indy going mountaineering would be cool. Or maybe into seriously deep caverns like Carlsbad style.

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Original Dudley
    Feedback
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    See, that's what I'm talking about. Not so keen on Atlantis, but it does seem "Jones-ish" I suppose.

I'm a little tired of deserts and jungles as primary locations.

Even seeing Indy going mountaineering would be cool. Or maybe into seriously deep caverns like Carlsbad style.
    IMO FOA is the greatest Indy story ever written to date, Raiders included. And I'm a huge Raiders fan. The locations are basically the same as Raiders as are the artifacts and Sofia is just a red headed younger Marion but it all works perfectly. Sallahs there, a hot air balloon, and german submarine, plenty of caves and caverns too. Definately still worth getting for the PC if you can run it with SCUMVM. I sold a sealded copy for $150 when Crystal Skull came out. Still have my props though.

strikes and gutters, man
    Feedback
    39 (100%)
    Why the ^^^^ has Indy not fought a giant snake yet?

Seems a no brainer.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Hmmm...you have intrigued me with FOA. Now I'll have to pick up the book. Are any of the other novels any good?

Original Dudley
    Feedback
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Old Jim View Post
    Hmmm...you have intrigued me with FOA. Now I'll have to pick up the book. Are any of the other novels any good?
    Yea there are some that are really stellar, but to save money, get yourself a copy of the Indy Omnibus. It has FOA and some other really good ones too.

Go ahead, make my day.
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy Chicken View Post
    Why the ^^^^ has Indy not fought a giant snake yet?

Seems a no brainer.
    Because if he ever did, likely, his only attack, aside from high-piched screams would be a diarrhea spurt.

WARNING: I'm sarcastic & have a smartass attitude. It's a natural defense against drama, bull**** & stupidity.

Original Dudley
    Feedback
    19 (100%)
    I believe Indy has fought a giant snake in the comics.

Also in Pirates of Sargasso he fights an Octopus or a giant squid, which?

And in Emporer's Tomb a giant crocodile.

©Fly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thenammagazine View Post
    ...As for Mutt, you're wrong. He's not gonna suddenly change his name to Indiana Jones. That's the whole reason Indy takes the hat back at the end of KOTCS (I know most of us were gritting our teeth in disgust with the concept of Shia putting on the Fedora). Yes Shia is set inherit the franchise, but as Mutt, not Indy. So like it or not, you'll enjoy a "Mutt Williams and the ...." which I 100% guarantee is better than an "Indiana Jones and the..." on the marquee with Harrison replaced as Indy....
    I will preface the following by saying that I am a HUGE "Raiders" fan. I consider "Temple" and "Last Crusade" as "ok'. But I didn't see "Crystal Skull" until it came out on DVD, and then it was borrowed and promptly returned.

If it comes down to "Mutt Williams and the..." of the franchise, I won't even be borrowing the DVD...

If Harry Ford was replaced, I would have absolutely no qualms with seeing it on the big screen, just as long as the new actor fits the part and that the story is a good one.

With Indy4 and now Indy5, all I'm getting are "Jaws: 3D" and "Jaws: The Revenge" type of vibes...
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

Go ahead, make my day.
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyAndFight View Post
    I will preface the following by saying that I am a HUGE "Raiders" fan. I consider "Temple" and "Last Crusade" as "ok'. But I didn't see "Crystal Skull" until it came out on DVD, and then it was borrowed and promptly returned.

If it comes down to "Mutt Williams and the..." of the franchise, I won't even be borrowing the DVD...

If Harry Ford was replaced, I would have absolutely no qualms with seeing it on the big screen, just as long as the new actor fits the part and that the story is a good one.

With Indy4 and now Indy5, all I'm getting are "Jaws: 3D" and "Jaws: The Revenge" type of vibes...
    Well, do you think ROTLA's would've been as good with Tom Selleck as the lead? That's who they wanted originally. But seriously, would Raiders have been as successful? No, it wouldn't have, and I'm glad he was contractually obligated to do Magnum and couldn't do Raiders. It may have been a hit, but certainly wouldn't have become what Indy is today. Again, it's Ford that makes the role. No Ford, no Indy. It might as well be King Solomon's Mines or some other adventure movie.

WARNING: I'm sarcastic & have a smartass attitude. It's a natural defense against drama, bull**** & stupidity.

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast