Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Default Re: Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Old Lu View Post
    Yeah, those first Pros that Sideshow put out were short and floppy and the proportions are terrible. I'm annoyed that they're still using them like they did for Hoth Han of all figures!

Even just moving them from the original short Pros to the tall Pros like I did for my Indy figures makes a huge difference. The body isn't perfect and not as good proportion-wise or how it articulates naturally as the True Type, but it's very passable and all the joints (head, hands, feet) fit without having to do any mods.

I'm fine with Belloq. Hey, it was only $150 with the pedestal! The suit on him is actually pretty good--very nice fit and better than Toht's suit fit. I believe people have used it for a Michael Jackson Smooth Criminal bash.

I forgot how bad those Toht glasses were! Someday I'll replace them...

Despite their shortcomings I'm glad I got the whole line when I did. I don't think I would get any of those secondary characters now, what with the prices being so high. Frack! I bet they release Mola Ram with the mine cart in order to get people to buy him!
    The short bodies work for short people like Toht and Belloq but Indy and Henry are crazy short. I had no idea they were so undersized until I started to build "extra tall" Indy to go with the new Arab horse - and realized he was actually the right height for 1/6 Indy at 12 1/2". Put him next to stock SSC bodies and they look like little brothers. Currently I just have figs like Lando and Henry with the ankle pegs pulled all the way out and they start to approach 12" but yeah SSC bodies are way short.

Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    You'll never see another Toht 1/6th figure made. Ever.
    There is hope...

Ronald Lacey Fan Club

"Star Wars" - The Tribune - June 1977

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    Wor-Gar look what you made me do! Bought it only because of your avatar and it was good deal. Arrived today brand new. Really great figure never ever thought i will get it. I grown up on 80s movies Indy is my favorite same as BTTF and SW and 007 and Terminator, Rambo, Predator and so on😄 (sh.t just came on my mind SW TLJ how can you even compare that thing with 80s). Never will forget night when my brother and I saw it in local cinema. Such a great memories.
    DX05 on the way too cant wait it to join him.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180221181211.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	395028i

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabba View Post
    Wor-Gar look what you made me do! Bought it only because of your avatar and it was good deal. Arrived today brand new. Really great figure never ever thought i will get it. I grown up on 80s movies Indy is my favorite same as BTTF and SW and 007 and Terminator, Rambo, Predator and so on�� (sh.t just came on my mind SW TLJ how can you even compare that thing with 80s). Never will forget night when my brother and I saw it in local cinema. Such a great memories.
    DX05 on the way too cant wait it to join him.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180221181211.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	159.6 KB 
ID:	395028i
    Nearly ten years old, but still a pretty cool figure. The pro bodies need their stands though, floppy as all #$@!

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    5 (100%)

Jabba -- you have great taste! I can't wait until you open him up. Faults and all, Toht is still a great figure and I still can't believe it got made in 1/6th.

And you get the melty face too. Such a bonus!!!

Glad you have this figure to enjoy.

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Does anyone have a Sideshow Ark they want to get rid of? Another post in this section prompted me to dig up this old thread.

"it can't rain all the time"

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Does anyone have a Sideshow Ark they want to get rid of? Another post in this section prompted me to dig up this old thread.
    Might be a longshot, but a member in the below Indy forum with only 2 posts was looking for an interested buyer. His post is dated 6/18/18:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...806#post571806

You'll need to become a member to pm him.
    http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic342_4.gif

Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by superado View Post
    Might be a longshot, but a member in the below Indy forum with only 2 posts was looking for an interested buyer. His post is dated 6/18/18:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...806#post571806

You'll need to become a member to pm him.
    Thanks for the heads up! I am looking for the 1/6 one though.

"it can't rain all the time"

Has anyone tried the Molecule8 John Lennon glasses on the Toht head? They seem like they would be too small.

Ive got a Sideshow Ark I may want to let go.. sent you a PM
    CUSTOM GUNBELTS, HOLSTERS, SIDEBAGS and WHIPS for INDY !! Just PM me !!

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
    Has anyone tried the Molecule8 John Lennon glasses on the Toht head? They seem like they would be too small.
    I have! And yes, they are a wee bit too small -- but not by much. Still, those Lennon glasses look miles better than anything else I've seen, and I've been looking for Toht glasses since 2000. Actually its the oversized head of the Sideshow Toht that's the real problem but I don't see ever getting another 1/6 replacement head.

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection