Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: Custom Belloq figures..

OK.. took a grinder bit on the dremel to Belloq's hair to give his hat the appropriate tilt.. then yesterday I got brave and started grinding away at that huge jaw... worked great.. after fine sanding it down afterwards to smooth it out I think this looks MUCH more like Paul Freeman... just gotta paint it now... plus that pith helmet needs some serious work to look accurate..

CUSTOM GUNBELTS, HOLSTERS, SIDEBAGS and WHIPS for INDY !! Just PM me !!

By the way.. for those curious.. the jungle outfit is comprised of:
    Did John Coleman pants
    Did Erwin Rommel shirt soaked in diluted bleach to match the color of the pants
    Newline Japanese officer's boots
    Belt by Battlegear toys
    Still lacks a holster (which I will just make) and a wristwatch

Making this up as I go...
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfisher View Post
    OK.. took a grinder bit on the dremel to Belloq's hair to give his hat the appropriate tilt.. then yesterday I got brave and started grinding away at that huge jaw... worked great.. after fine sanding it down afterwards to smooth it out I think this looks MUCH more like Paul Freeman... just gotta paint it now... plus that pith helmet needs some serious work to look accurate..

That looks FANTASTIC Mike!Wow, changing the jaw REALLY makes a huge difference. The Belloq sculpt suffered from the same problem as the 1/6 Legolas...too much JAW! A little grinding and sanding...HUGE improvement.

Now, how do I get a Belloq head to look like that (Get a dremel I guess)

Oh, and what's the recipe for your 'safari' belloq outfit? That looks pretty cool too!

see post above yours for the recipe on the Belloq

Just stripped the head down with acetone to remove the factory paint... it is always amazing ow thick factory paint is and how once removed the clarity of the detail around the eyes is just great... also you can really get a good look at the perfect likeness this sculpt has now that the jaw is thinned out.. they nailed the likeness around the eyes nose area...

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    That JUNGLE BELLOQ is incredible, mfisher!!!!

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

I'm going back and forth on which project I want to dive into right now... jungle Belloq or Katanga.. ( he has been on my desk at 90% done FOREVER..) but i think Jungle Belloq is going to go first... i want to do some kind of small scene after he gets back to his camp WITH the idol... kind of a Belloq kicking back and gloating over his victory

That looks really good. Repainting the eyes and if it had a more squinted look would have gone a long way.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Jungle Belloq is coming along extremely well buddy, and great work to the HS it actually looks like him now.

Ron

Super Freak
    Feedback
    25 (100%)
    outstanding work MFisher! Jungle Beloq looks outstanding. the outfit is gorgeous and looks WAY better than suited Beloq.