Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Default Re: Custom Belloq figures..

Quote Originally Posted by mfisher View Post
    what I am considering.. and I am just timid right now.. is using the dremel and grinding down some of the hair over the left ear so I can ^^^^ his hat over his left ear a little deeper... just scared to screw up his noggin.. although if I do I will just use the head on the jungle gear belloq and slap a pith helmet over the messed up hair !
    I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to get that hat at an angle like he wears it.

What about dremeling out one side of the hat a bit? Think that would work?

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

was afraid to dremel the hat as it is fairly thin.. maybe lightly sand it... but the hair could be dremeled only because it will be covered by the hat anyway...
    CUSTOM GUNBELTS, HOLSTERS, SIDEBAGS and WHIPS for INDY !! Just PM me !!

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    My hat kind of "snaps" into place and holds position firmly. Sideshow planned that out nicely. I've tried to force the hat over and everything to no effect, so definitely either the hair or the inside of the hat needs to be adjusted to accomodate.

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfisher View Post
    For those doing a safari Belloq.. go look for the pants that came on the Did brand "John Coleman figure.. they are the perfect match for the screen used pants.. British Jodphers with the correct pocket on the rear... Did also put out a good shirt with epaulettes on their WW2 german Rommel figure.. I am going to get those, bleach them out and re-dye them to match up... will take a while to get the parts in and get it going... the pith helmet will take a lot of work though.. best one I found was off of a Twisting Toys brand Italian figure...
    I picked up the Coleman pants (although mine don't have pockets on the rear), but I got the DID Edward Steiner shirt. It doesn't have the epaulettes, but it has the right collar. I thought it would be easier to create epaullettes than to change the collar. I got a BBI German tropical pith helmet. I need to remove the strap and the insignia, but it has the proper shape (flat on top).

BTW Michael, can you tell me how you plan on bleaching and redyeing the clothes. I have a slight color discrepancy on my uniform and would appreciate any tips.

I was just going to put the pieces in to a diluted bleach bath... once they were faded out I was going to experiment with some rit dyes to get that british khaki color and color both pieces with the same dye batch to match them up... you sure you got the coleman pants though ? they should have the one field dressing pocket on the rear ...
    BTW.. just took the dremel to Belloq's noggin and carved off a ton of hair... it is working.. able to reposition the hat a bit now... at this point I can cant the hat over just a bit... looking at more screenshot though I may try and heat the hat and turn the edges of the brim down more.. in the cafe scene the sides were not flipped up as much..

Last edited by mfisher; 02-14-2009 at 08:19 AM.
    CUSTOM GUNBELTS, HOLSTERS, SIDEBAGS and WHIPS for INDY !! Just PM me !!

Boil the hat in water then mold it while running it under cold water. . it will keep its shape.

I painted my Belloq's hair last night. I think I may have gone a little overboard. His hair color fluctuates throughout the film. It's more gray in the canyon (with the MP40) than in other scenes. What do you think? Do I need to get the paints out and start over? Thanks.

BMARZ1000

Here's another one:

PS: Anyone re-painting the eyebrows? Thanks.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    19 (100%)

Any ceremonials, yet?
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ryanjeri/ErikAvatar.jpg