Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Default Re: In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

in the order they were made...with a big gap between Raiders and 2, 3 and 4.
    Not for glory. Not for honor. Not for the hunt. But to clean up the mess.

They're all fun and all very different from each other, at least in my opinion. I think of them more as part of one big saga.

By the way, the reason so many people hate Crystal Skull is because George Lucas has stumbled upon a winning formula: These days, people LOVE to HATE. I really believe he intentially does things to give people something to complain about. So he made the latest Indy movie about aliens. If he was truly trying to please the fans, he would have picked another religious artifact.

Same thinking went into the Star Wars prequels. He's a very smart man and realizes there's more money to be made in making people miserable than making them happy these days. People want to ^^^^^ and complain, even if they don't realize it. The days of the happy-go-lucky 50's where everything was "keen" are long gone. Welcome to the era of "epic fail."

1. Raiders
    2. Last Crusade
    3. Crystal Skull
    4. Temple

Freakalicious

Feedback
    Last Crusade
    Temple of Doom
    Crystal Skull

Super Freak
    Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Last Crusade
    Crystal Skull
    Temple of Doom

Banned
    Feedback
    48 (100%)
    Follow IrishJedi On Twitter Add IrishJedi on Facebook Visit IrishJedi's Instagram Channel
    1. Raiders of the Lost Ark

2. Temple of Doom
    3. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    4. Last Crusade

Thread killer
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
    They're all fun and all very different from each other, at least in my opinion. I think of them more as part of one big saga.

By the way, the reason so many people hate Crystal Skull is because George Lucas has stumbled upon a winning formula: These days, people LOVE to HATE. I really believe he intentially does things to give people something to complain about. So he made the latest Indy movie about aliens. If he was truly trying to please the fans, he would have picked another religious artifact.

Same thinking went into the Star Wars prequels. He's a very smart man and realizes there's more money to be made in making people miserable than making them happy these days. People want to ^^^^^ and complain, even if they don't realize it. The days of the happy-go-lucky 50's where everything was "keen" are long gone. Welcome to the era of "epic fail."
    I guess I have to disagree here! The weekest link in the formula has ALWAYS been Lucas! He's a lazy director/screenwriter! He thinks he's got a formula, but he's only lucky to have a great crew and great actors, and occasionally, a great director to work for him!
    Now, I've always dreamed of Star Wars made by a REAL director! Can you imagine if Cameron or Scott had had that licence in their hands? Add a a little grime here, a little blood there, what a formula it would have been!!!!
    But you're right about something though! I'm fed up with blockbusters! Take the Dark Knight for instance, a great movie for sure, but that cult following that came after? Boring. You'd think it's the only movie in the world! I guess we've seen all the customs imaginable about it, so much so that I don't even care clicking the link when I see one! Hell, I got my HT Batman and Joker in September! They are still MIB and I'm so fed up with the subject that I must have looked at them only once! I don't even feel like getting them out of the box!
    Now, bring us novelty! There are so many great movies that remain to be tackled! Let's have imagination! let's break new grounds and not always tread the same paths!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheObsoleteMan View Post
    1) Raiders - Action/adventure perfection

2) Temple - Action packed. Best villain. Comes closest to duplicating the 30's adventure serials

3) Crusade - Brilliant chemistry between Ford and Connery. Opening Cross of Coronado sequence is my favortie of the series. On the downside the plot is just a rehash of Raiders and it has the most uninteresting villains of the series.

4) KOTCS - Ford shows he's still got it, and the chemistry bewteen him and Shia is pretty good. Cate Blanchett was fantastic. Terrific opening sequence at the warehouse. Nice job of capturing the 50's B movie vibe. Unfortunatley, there's never any real sense of danger and the movie overall just has a very comfortable feeling.
    quoted to save time!

Just a little Freaky
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydad16 View Post
    WTH?
    take that back you old indy hater.

he was as good as ever,and here is an extra gift for you

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    1. Raiders - Just perfect
    2. Last Crusade - back fighting the Nazis - where Indy should be
    3. Temple of Doom - the whole pulling out the heart thing lost me
    4. Crystal skull....mmmmm surviving the nuke in the fridge, that stupid sword fight across the cars, the giant ant death straight out of the mummy & the alien theme completely killed it for me.. but Indy was still cool & even Mutt & Marion worked for me