Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 1142 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Feedback
    48 (100%)
    Follow IrishJedi On Twitter Add IrishJedi on Facebook Visit IrishJedi's Instagram Channel

Default 1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

Okay, so my first 1:6 Indy arrived about 30 minutes ago and I snapped some very quick iPhone pics of my first two WIP customs.

First up, Indy in German Soldier disguise. Still some work to do on this. The hat, in particular... some weathering and a more screen-accurate rocket launcher (this is NOT the one I'll be using... just threw it in for the pics). But you'll get the idea:

And Indy from the end of the film (the "Fools! Bureaucratic Fools!" scene). Working on a hat for this:

Again, sorry for the very bad pics. They don't do the figure justice. But I was so excited to finally get my figure and just wanted to snap some real quick to share.
    :chew
    Last edited by IrishJedi; 11-25-2008 at 01:29 PM.

Can't wait to see more. Side note, I found someone that made a cool map room indy and may be willing to make the head wrap and robe for us.

THAT's a GREAT Idea! Keep us posted!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJedi View Post
    Okay, so my first 1:6 Indy arrived about 30 minutes ago and I snapped some very quick iPhone pics of my first two WIP customs.

First up, Indy in German Soldier disguise. Still some work to do on this. The hat, in particular... some weathering and a more screen-accurate rocket launcher. But you'll get the idea:

Again, sorry for the very bad pics. They don't do the figure justice. But I was so excited to finally get my figure and just wanted to snap some real quick to share.
    :chew
    Not a bad job. There are some inaccuracies though. The eagle insignia's off. It wasn't gold but silver with a black outline. The harness should be closer in color to the uniform, more of a faded canvas color. It almost looks pea green in those images. Itshould also be higher, closer to the neck at the "y" part. And no RPG-7. Not sure which launcher was used, but it wasn't the RPG-7.

Banned
    Feedback
    48 (100%)
    Follow IrishJedi On Twitter Add IrishJedi on Facebook Visit IrishJedi's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by thenammagazine View Post
    Not a bad job. There are some inaccuracies though. The eagle insignia's off. It wasn't gold but silver with a black outline. The harness should be closer in color to the uniform, more of a faded canvas color. It almost looks pea green in those images. And no RPG-7. Not sure which launcher was used, but it wasn't the RPG-7.
    I've noted the inaccuracies already. But the pics are the real issue. The eagle IS silver (thought I do need to re-do the outline with a small black ink pen) and the harness is the perfect color... it's not pea-colored at all.

I know the RPG is incorrect, but I have yet to complete my customized one and just grabbed a 1:6 one for the pic. The one used in the film is a completel fictional weapon and was designed and made by the prop department specifically for movie.

My main concern is getting the hat to look right, but I've already started that process too.

Trust No 1 MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    Great job on the overhead behind the back photo, looks just like the shot that pans from the side and first reveals Indy aiming the launcher. Coming along very nicely. Your passion for Indy shows with your attention to detail and the fact you're making a custom of the last 3-5 minutes of the movie.

Which shoulderboards did you use on him? I still need to get some.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Hell I think it looks great---all **** inaccuracies aside.

Can't wait to see a map room Indy. You can count me in for one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by dwing View Post
    Can't wait to see more. Side note, I found someone that made a cool map room indy and may be willing to make the head wrap and robe for us.
    I'd be very interested in that as that's what I was thinking about using my second headscultp for. I picked up the Hasbro Swordsman yesterday and was hoping to maybe reverse engineer his head wrap, but I'd buy one of it looks good. Do you have any pics?
    Last edited by Billy Ray; 11-25-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishJedi View Post
    I've noted the inaccuracies already. But the pics are the real issue. The eagle IS silver (thought I do need to re-do the outline with a small black ink pen) and the harness is the perfect color... it's not pea-colored at all.

I know the RPG is incorrect, but I have yet to complete my customized one and just grabbed a 1:6 one for the pic. The one used in the film is a completel fictional weapon and was designed and made by the prop department specifically for movie.

My main concern is getting the hat to look right, but I've already started that process too.
    Good luck on the hat. Just looking at that pic and I feel your pain! As for the launcher, what about trying to crack off the heat shield and the blast scoop at the back? The cheek rest/handle (?) in the film looks more like the Quigly Down Under scope than any real scope on a rocket launcher. Maybe taking a plastic Q-tip stem and spraying it black? And while you have the paint out, the rocket'll need a once-over too. The standing aspect of the sight looks like that of an HK69, so if you can find one in 1:6, you can use the sight off of it.
    Last edited by thenammagazine; 11-25-2008 at 01:25 PM.