Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 505 of 806 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 8059
    It's ME!!
    Feedback
    Default Re: 1/6 Indy Customizations: Image Thread

It seems you've spent so much time debating on this thread that you missed William Shatner's Toupee explaining what has taken the time. Indy is not the only head he has sent to be printed. There have been defects in some of the prints and he's hanging fire till everything is sorted. Indy wasn't actually one of the defective ones, but, I can understand his caution.

Better everything comes back hunky dory and we all get the best heads. Nothing to panic about!
    CHEERS!

It's ME!!
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by MarfMaster View Post
    I don't think Trevor is the only sculptor who can capture HF, he's just the one who I feel has been most successful. And you're right, other sculptors have come close, but that's the key word; close. I'll admit, I am a huge Trevor Grove fan, but that's only because every sculpt he bothers to create, ends up being widely accepted as the definitive version of that character. I am always looking for the best sculpt, same as you, I just happen to think the honors consistently go to Trevor.

And to say that the HT sculpt is as good as any one of Trevor's sideshow sculpts, whether it be the 1/6, Raiders 1/4 or ToD 1/4 is just...sorry, all bias aside, I can't take that seriously.
    CHEERS!

Trev's sculpts are the best. They are a bit oversized for HT style bodies and the Raiders 1/6 one was made of some nuclear shiny plastic unfortunately.

It's ME!!
    Feedback
    It's not so bad when you strip the paint off. I'm hanging fire on mine till I see the WGP ones. I can wait.....
    CHEERS!

Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    I am also using Trevor's sculpt for my Indy. Here is a quick shot, I was in the right place at the right time.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    I'm really late to the party, but here is a custom Indy I've been working on on and off for the last year. It's not finished, but is very close. I am getting an mfisher whip and still need to attach the head (it's attached by tape at the moment)

Jacket weather detail:

Recipe:
    Head: Paul Carson
    Headpaint: smallstudios
    neck removal and chest paint: SilentSurfer
    Jacket, shirt, gloves, belt: Hot Toys
    Pants, bag, whip: Sideshow
    Shoes: not sure
    Belt with gun holster: mfisher
    Jacket and gloves weathering: me

I also added some quarters and dimes in the lining of the jacket to give it some weight and fall better.

Wants: MP-10 Takara Optimus Prime

Looks great man.

He looks awesome, Neehar! That is truly a one of a kind gem you have there with that sculpt/paint combo, especially with the excellent Job Nathan did dremmeling/paint matching.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    Thanks Dane! You beat me to it, I was going to say that Nathan did a phenomenal job matching the head to the neck. He also painted some chest hairs which look very realistic. I'll take some good pictures once he is done.

Wants: MP-10 Takara Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhardt View Post
    I'm really late to the party, but here is a custom Indy I've been working on on and off for the last year. It's not finished, but is very close. I am getting an mfisher whip and still need to attach the head (it's attached by tape at the moment)

Jacket weather detail:

Recipe:
    Head: Paul Carson
    Headpaint: smallstudios
    neck removal and chest paint: SilentSurfer
    Jacket, shirt, gloves, belt: Hot Toys
    Pants, bag, whip: Sideshow
    Shoes: not sure
    Belt with gun holster: mfisher
    Jacket and gloves weathering: me

I also added some quarters and dimes in the lining of the jacket to give it some weight and fall better.
    You win!

The best Indy I've ever seen, just needs a little stubble on the neck.
    Last edited by jungle jom; 04-16-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Page 505 of 806 FirstFirst ... 5405455495501502503504505506507508509515555605 ... LastLast