Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 88 of 125 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
    Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Default Re: Rene Belloq 12" figure

Thanks again for all the positive feedback on the Dig Site Belloq.

Darklord -- I'd love to see a picture of your Belloq. Your the second person to say that the suit fits when closed, so maybe I just got a problem jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by bmarz1000 View Post
    Last, where did you find the rolled map and watch? I'd like to have one for the Belloq I'm going to modify based on yours. Thanks.
    The map was from an old Dragon German figure a long time ago, I'm not sure which one as I built this Belloq in 2000 and then upgrade some things in 2004. Same with the watch -- I used the face from one (repainted) and the brown band from another, so its a bash.

But check Monkey Depot or sites like that and search "map" and "watch". Also, for the map, you probably could Google 'maps' and simply print out one you like.

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAndFight View Post
    Wor-Gar, stick to your custom suit as well. That blows away the tight fitting one from SS.
    Just to highlight this a bit more. Mine was not tight fitting. Until we get more people receiving theirs, we don't know if the snap was placed correctly on mine or Wor-Gar's. Though I'd assume Wor-Gar's was incorrect, unfortunately.

Let's not cause a panic/mass cancellation due to someone getting a 'defective' figure.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    30 (100%)
    even with all the negitive talk ... im looking forward in getting this figure with only 1000 EX i think there will be more people that wish they got him .... the figure might be a little off but ... if you soke the suit it should fit just fine ...

i found when i soked the close from SS that they will get a little bigger after they dry

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I'm really looking forward to my Belloq too. I think he looks pretty good from the pics Wor Gar has shown. I'm not too bothered by the tight jacket--seems like an easy enough fix.

I would be a little afraid of wetting the jacket since it might shrink even more!

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishHeat View Post
    Let's not cause a panic/mass cancellation due to someone getting a 'defective' figure.
    Agreed. I'm pretty sure I got a bad suit jacket, that's all.

I never thought to soak the whole suit -- never knew the suit would get 'larger'. But I suppose I could try that on the jacket to see if I can get a slightly larger size.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAndFight View Post
    Wor-Gar, stick to your custom suit as well. That blows away the tight fitting one from SS.
    I most likely will, but for some reason I'm determined to solve my tight-jacket issue anyway. Just to conquere it I guess.

Here's a better pic of the Dig Site Belloq in daylight:

Anyone got a solution for the high-waisted pants? I think I could fold them over once and that would help alot -- but you'd lose the belt loops (not that you even see them anyway). They work fine with jacket closed, but they're a bit high when left open.
    Last edited by Wor-Gar; 02-12-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Old Jim View Post
    I'm really looking forward to my Belloq too. I think he looks pretty good from the pics Wor Gar has shown. I'm not too bothered by the tight jacket--seems like an easy enough fix.

I would be a little afraid of wetting the jacket since it might shrink even more!

cold water ... and let it air dry ... i did this on my starwars Jedi robes ... works great ... on the first one a little to good ... the Jedi Luke was too long after i soke it for a wile ... cold water sweaze all the water out and left it air dry .. i would tug on the tight spots and should be good to go

Are you on the square?
    Feedback
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    Anyone got a solution for the high-waisted pants? I think I could fold them over once and that would help alot -- but you'd lose the belt loops (not that you even see them anyway). They work fine with jacket closed, but they're a bit high when left open.
    How about if you fold his pant cuffs and then pull his pants down some. Would that work?

Or would it look ghetto with the crotch of his pants hanging so low?

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Waller View Post
    How about if you fold his pant cuffs and then pull his pants down some. Would that work?

Or would it look ghetto with the crotch of his pants hanging so low?
    I did that already, those pics have the cuffs folded under and ironed. His pants are really long otherwise.

But yes, if you pull the pants down further -- which I tried -- he has serious Ghetto Crotch.

I'm going to try to wet the pants and pinch/shape to see if I can hide the extended length amidst wrinkles.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    I think people are judging Belloq based on mine, so I want to put some issues to rest -- here's the GOOD and BAD on the figure:

Head sculpt: Good enough likeness in hand, correct eye color, he looks like Belloq who has a pretty nondescript face to begin with. Bad -- the hair could be grayer, but you don't notice so much with the hat on.

Jacket: Great material and completely accurate. The only bad on mine is the placement of the snap.

Pants: Nicely made with real pockets. Bad -- too long so they have to be folded under and the high waist looks odd, but its meant to be covered.

Shirt: well tailored and tight. Bad collar, too big and wrong color for Belloq.

Tie: this is the single biggest loser here. Nothing positive to say really, other than it works if you're not picky about accuracy.

Shoes: GREAT!

Hat: great sculpt. Bad -- yours might need to be re-heated if it got tweaked in the box like mine. Also, the band is a bit sloppy on mine (not even).

Belt: its OK. Nice that its suede. But the buckle tends to stick out if its placed right over the pant's snap.

Machine gun and watch: very nicely done. No problems with either really. Gun has a working slide and a working shoulder extension. Watch has a real metal chain and clip (for the belt loop). The watch face itself if OK. I could have sworn Belloq's watch was gold in the movie though. Maybe not.

Pro body: I didn't address this before, but my Pro is terrific; holds a pose well and not too tight or too loose. The only bad is the feet are tighter than the thighs, so I have to hold the legs to turn the feet otherwise the whole leg will twist and place the knees in odd directions. Hands, feet and head are easily removable.

OK, so I hope that helps everyone to have better expectations. Of course, this is just based on mine.

Nexus 6
    Feedback
    Nice recap, WG. I can't wait to get mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    I think people are judging Belloq based on mine, so I want to put some issues to rest -- here's the GOOD and BAD on the figure:

Head sculpt: Good enough likeness in hand, correct eye color, he looks like Belloq who has a pretty nondescript face to begin with. Bad -- the hair could be grayer, but you don't notice so much with the hat on.

Jacket: Great material and completely accurate. The only bad on mine is the placement of the snap.

Pants: Nicely made with real pockets. Bad -- too long so they have to be folded under and the high waist looks odd, but its meant to be covered.

Shirt: well tailored and tight. Bad collar, too big and wrong color for Belloq.

Tie: this is the single biggest loser here. Nothing positive to say really, other than it works if you're not picky about accuracy.

Shoes: GREAT!

Hat: great sculpt. Bad -- yours might need to be re-heated if it got tweaked in the box like mine. Also, the band is a bit sloppy on mine (not even).

Belt: its OK. Nice that its suede. But the buckle tends to stick out if its placed right over the pant's snap.

Machine gun and watch: very nicely done. No problems with either really. Gun has a working slide and a working shoulder extension. Watch has a real metal chain and clip (for the belt loop). The watch face itself if OK. I could have sworn Belloq's watch was gold in the movie though. Maybe not.

Pro body: I didn't address this before, but my Pro is terrific; holds a pose well and not too tight or too loose. The only bad is the feet are tighter than the thighs, so I have to hold the legs to turn the feet otherwise the whole leg will twist and place the knees in odd directions. Hands, feet and head are easily removable.

OK, so I hope that helps everyone to have better expectations. Of course, this is just based on mine.

Page 88 of 125 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast