Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 87 of 125 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rene Belloq 12" figure

Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    t's nice to see someone else's Belloq up. Maybe its the angle, but your jacket sure looks like it fits better than mine.
    Yeah, maybe you did get a dud. Kinda weird that the first person to get pics up, got a weird fitting coat, but mine's up higher around the neck than yours, and can still button up without pinching under the armpits like yours.

Sorry, mate.

I think it's the snap placement on yours. On mine, it's mostly centered vertically between the two buttons, maybe a little bit towards the top, but on yours it's almost right below the top button. It really does change the look. I'd give SS a call.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    That's good to know -- thanks! Maybe if more come out like yours I'll definitely call them and get a new jacket.

My snap is right below where the top button is. I did see that I could pinch the jacket closed better if the snap was lower -- as you say, more in the center between the two buttons or even at the second button.

But I didn't want to re-sew the snap today, and I wasn't sure the jacket would still look 'closed' correctly (meaning buttons looking like they were closing the jacket). Figured I'd just try the open jacket look for the Dig Site just to see.

Now of course I'm torn: keep the custom Dig Site look, or try and get the figure that I ordered.

We'll see as more pics present themselves.

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    WOW...Im glad I cancelled this, however, Im saddened by the outcome of this figure. SS Belloq looks nothing like the actor, he has a big head, not to mention the body, the actor is so slim, but the body (maybe because of the suit) looks thick...All in all, its a bust by SSC, I just hope they don't kill Toht...

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    I got him today too. I think the jacket is a tad too tight, but I can close the jacket, and with some adjustments it can look like the figure on the box. The material of the suit is great and the hat is a good sculpt. The hair needs to be grayer - but I can live with the sculpt. No problems with the body either, it looks good and isn't loose at all.

It is rather disappointing that the shirt and tie are wrong, but I like Wor-Gar's adjustments - I'll probably do that with mine as well.

But the temple pedestal is fantastic, the sculpted moss looks real. And the metal idol weighs a ton!

edit:
    The shirt and tie aren't that wrong - he's not based on the cafe scene, but a later scene on the island. He has the white shirt (although it seems to have stripes) and this shorter tie. The last movie photo on the back of the box shows this.
    Last edited by Darklord Dave; 02-12-2009 at 12:51 AM.

I've tried so hard to find a reason to buy this figure and I just can't. The sculpt isn't good enough, the clothes aren't well tailored enough, and the outfit lacks visual interest. I'm not interested in the pedestal so that's definitely it. If only they'd done Bellow in his Ceremonial outfit I would have got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    That's good to know -- thanks! Maybe if more come out like yours I'll definitely call them and get a new jacket.

My snap is right below where the top button is. I did see that I could pinch the jacket closed better if the snap was lower -- as you say, more in the center between the two buttons or even at the second button.

But I didn't want to re-sew the snap today, and I wasn't sure the jacket would still look 'closed' correctly (meaning buttons looking like they were closing the jacket). Figured I'd just try the open jacket look for the Dig Site just to see.

Now of course I'm torn: keep the custom Dig Site look, or try and get the figure that I ordered.

We'll see as more pics present themselves.
    Keep the dig site look. It looks much more like the character from the film and not just some radom guy in the suit imho.

Making this up as I go...
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixletwin View Post
    Now that looks like a $90 figure. Good work.

I think the sculpt is actually pretty good too.
    Hear, here! That's EXACTLY how I want my belloq to look. No white shirt with short tie and oversized collar. powder blue shirt and jacket open for sure! That looks GREAT Wor-Gar!

P.S., do you have a close-up of the kerchief? I'd love to see what it looks like tied around his neck and what the pattern is...I have to go to a fabric shop to try to find something similar...

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by galactiboy View Post
    Man, those are some high waisted pants... pretty dissapointing figure. Don't feel bad about canceling.
    Pants from that period were pretty high waisted, Indy's to a lesser extent, but that's no excuse why mine are! Anyway, poor quality is another matter and I think suits of earlier eras need that extra attention to detail and craftsmanship lest you get crap, particularly in light colored material that shows crap much easier. I wanted to cancel up to the last minute but saw the UPS email and it was too late. Oh well, the idol base better be worth it.

Wor-Gar,

I think you nailed it with the Dig-Site look. It's much more of an iconic Belloq look. I have an idea regarding the open jacket. How are the buttons attached? Are they just glued? If so, maybe the could be moved to the other side of the jacket? Also, why not use a small powerful magnet (like the ones SS uses for holster flaps, etc.) to keep the jacket closed?

Last, where did you find the rolled map and watch? I'd like to have one for the Belloq I'm going to modify based on yours. Thanks.

©Fly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    I was already pre-authed for the exclusive but managed to cancel it yesterday. That figure is such a huge disappointment for me, that not even the idol environment could save it. I'm just not seeing Belloq in the sculpt and I don't like the fit & finish of the outfit.

On the positive side, the idol enviro looks fantastic.

I'm just not going to pay 150+ for simply the enviro.

Wor-Gar, stick to your custom suit as well. That blows away the tight fitting one from SS.
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

Page 87 of 125 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast