Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61

    Default Re: 1/4 Scale - Raiders of the Lost Ark - Indiana Jones statue by Arnie Kim

    Thanks for your comments The Rogster.
    I also don't like the fact that he's holding the sandbag and the whip. I personally think that the whip should be on his belt and the revolver in his other hand. Luckily, this can be done because the hand is sculpted to hold the bag or revolver, and the gunbelt has a functional whip holder which can support the whip on his belt. I vented my opinion to Arnie saying that it looks fussy to have Indy holding something in both hands but he wanted to display it like that and since this is his vision, I'm happy to know that I can change it around a bit once I get it.
    I sent him a sample of leather from my Tony Nowak Raiders jacket which apparently was matched to the leather used on THE hero jacket that Ford wears which is now in a private collection. Arnie has matched his leather color to the sample I sent to him so that's good enough for me.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Rogster View Post
    Cking, congratulations on being able to grab this and being a helping hand in the process. I. Sure your references were appreciated by Arnie. If I could, Iíd be on this. However, I think the jacket is more black than brown here. While it should be the other way around. Yes the raiders jacket is very dark, but still, more brown than black
    . I also think the sleeves should sit just a bit lower, over the hand a bit. I wish there was more character put into the pose or posture too. That lean that the SS PF achieved is great. Also why the bag? I wish he was gripping that revolver.
    This thing in my eyes has its flaws and stuff but where the hell are you going to find an Indy that looks even this good?! It looks amazing, best Indy ever probably. Itís truly a work of art. People will always see faults in things like this. We all perceive things differently. As long as you love it, thatís all that matters, but I promise you, that all of us nitpicking, wish we could grab it all the same. Haha

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    Thanks for your comments The Rogster.
    I also don't like the fact that he's holding the sandbag and the whip. I personally think that the whip should be on his belt and the revolver in his other hand. Luckily, this can be done because the hand is sculpted to hold the bag or revolver, and the gunbelt has a functional whip holder which can support the whip on his belt. I vented my opinion to Arnie saying that it looks fussy to have Indy holding something in both hands but he wanted to display it like that and since this is his vision, I'm happy to know that I can change it around a bit once I get it.
    I sent him a sample of leather from my Tony Nowak Raiders jacket which apparently was matched to the leather used on THE hero jacket that Ford wears which is now in a private collection. Arnie has matched his leather color to the sample I sent to him so that's good enough for me.
    Awesome. Just waiting for your reply. Lol

  3. #63
    This is truly a great piece. One thing though, by the time Jones was using the sandbag he didn't have his bullwhip on him. Nit picky, I know.
    WANTED:
    1/6 Yunsil Indiana Jones outfit set. PM me

    SALES THREAD:
    http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...ml#post9320997
    1/6 Custom WestWorld (HBO) "Man in Black" full figure: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...culpt-hat.html
    TWD NEGAN Engineer Boots: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...eer-boots.html
    MAD MAX Boots (RW + FR), Paracord bracelets (FR): http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...hlight=harness

  4. #64
    Not nit picky at all! I really don't like the choice to have him holding the sandbag and the whip. I'll be putting that sandbag into the shoulder bag for sure and may just have him holding the whip in one hand. I think it looks clumsy to have him holding something in both hands. Arnie likes it though but luckily it won't be glued into his hand!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    This is truly a great piece. One thing though, by the time Jones was using the sandbag he didn't have his bullwhip on him. Nit picky, I know.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    Not nit picky at all! I really don't like the choice to have him holding the sandbag and the whip. I'll be putting that sandbag into the shoulder bag for sure and may just have him holding the whip in one hand. I think it looks clumsy to have him holding something in both hands. Arnie likes it though but luckily it won't be glued into his hand!
    Only time he ever holds two things in his hands is ether the gun and whip or the idol and whip at least it makes more since that way.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by cking View Post
    These are my pics.
    Nice to see Arnie shared them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Just a little freaky

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    84
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Caveman View Post
    These are my pics.
    Nice to see Arnie shared them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow. Harrison Ford’s likeness is spot on. Enjoy!

Similar Threads

  1. STATUE: Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones on Horse
    By masterside in forum Indiana Jones
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-25-2014, 04:28 AM
  2. SS Raiders of the Lost Ark Indy 1/6 for $49.99
    By ilovefreestufftoo in forum Indiana Jones
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 11:59 PM
  3. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK on the BIG-SCREEN!
    By Dr.Mirakle32 in forum Indiana Jones
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 03:24 PM
  4. Raiders of the Lost Ark Character Key
    By Darth Caedus in forum Indiana Jones
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 10:47 PM
  5. RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK by Sideshow
    By Dr.Mirakle32 in forum General Collectibles -Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •