Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Default Re: 1/4 Scale - Raiders of the Lost Ark - Indiana Jones statue by Arnie Kim

Well for 5 K the paint on the stubble should be the correct colour.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    So want an LC pf but this would make me forget about that one pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Cook View Post
    You just have to contact Arnie directly. Facebook is best.

$5,000.
    5K? Easy! Iíll just sell my Sideshow PF Raiders Indy...they go for around that much, right? 😂
    http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic342_4.gif

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Is it just this piece or is he making them to order at $5k a pop?

Latest photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190213_125108_HDR.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	363.5 KB 
ID:	444455

Name:	20190213_125200.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	303.1 KB 
ID:	444456

Anyone planning on dropping $5k on this hit me up.. I have the 1/4 scale hand plaited Raiders bullwhip which was made by the Joe Strain (who provided whips for KOTCS) making that piece not only a beautifully crafted museum piece in and of itself.. but would make this statue an even more brilliant piece to own.. PM if interested.
    CUSTOM GUNBELTS, HOLSTERS, SIDEBAGS and WHIPS for INDY !! Just PM me !!

I picked mine up already Mike but would highly recommend it to anyone who is wanting to add that beautiful miniature real bullwhip to their statue too.

For those who haven't seen this miniature work of art from Joe Strain, here it is:

Name:	20190205_180746.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	350.7 KB 
ID:	444459

Quote Originally Posted by mfisher View Post
    Anyone planning on dropping $5k on this hit me up.. I have the 1/4 scale hand plaited Raiders bullwhip which was made by the Joe Strain (who provided whips for KOTCS) making that piece not only a beautifully crafted museum piece in and of itself.. but would make this statue an even more brilliant piece to own.. PM if interested.
    Last edited by cking; 02-15-2019 at 04:27 PM.

I would hope for 5K the statue would come with a real whip. Pretty cheap if it will be sculpted.

Super Freak

Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfisher View Post
    PM sent, Mike.

After being lucky to be in daily communication with Arnie during his creation of this statue, I respect his honesty when he stated that he's not skilled at making real whips. When I found out that the whip was going to be sculpted a while ago, I expressed the same disappointment about not having a real whip included for the price (but I didn't call it cheap). However, I quickly came to the realisation that it is the decision of the artist not to do something that he has no skills for so he chose to rely on his sculpting ability to try and recreate a decent whip for display purposes. Personally, I don't think his sculpted whip is as well done or accurate as what Trevor Grove sculpted for the Sideshow PF. However, everything else on the statue is so beautifully realised, that I didn't feel it was a hardship to pick up a real whip directly from Joe Strain to put the finishing touches to what will surely be the most perfect Indy statue from Raiders ever likely to be offered.

Quote Originally Posted by LiLJawa View Post
    I would hope for 5K the statue would come with a real whip. Pretty cheap if it will be sculpted.