Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Caped Wonder Stuns City!
    Feedback
    122 (100%)
    Follow Jmlsuperman On Twitter Visit Jmlsuperman's Instagram Channel

Default Toys McCoy Indiana Jones

I know this video was already posted, but after watching it, it made me remember that the Toys McCoy Indiana Jones was a figure I've always wanted but couldn't afford. After Sideshow and Hot Toys releases, really had no place in the collection. But after watching the video showcasing actor Titus Welliver it reminded me that while it's certainly not the best Indy sculpt and it is from many moons ago, I decided to say screw it and buy one. I heard they were limited to 3000 and while I have no plans on opening the box, it sure looks to display great as a relic of its time. Anyone else own this guy?

Still have my Toys McCoy Indy in the box. Still can't bring myself to open it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kl241 View Post
    $DCC: Taking the fun out of collecting since 2005.

My first "grail" purchase in 1/6 collecting... was seriously overpriced for me at the time.. I think I dropped around $600.. but I was so very intrigued and proud of the purchase.... still a great memory.. I immediately opened mine.. and actually transferred the head and hand pegs to a different body as it is all mounted on what appeared to be a hasbro Joe body... kept the box put away... in the end.. a great piece.. for its time..
    CUSTOM GUNBELTS, HOLSTERS, SIDEBAGS and WHIPS for INDY !! Just PM me !!

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    I still have mine as well. Opened up the box and cut out a few of the necessities very carefully with a razor blade. I still love this figure. Think I paid $350 in '99 right before the price hit the stratosphere. If I recall, at one point it was fetching close to a grand around the year 2000.
    Snow Blind

Quote Originally Posted by mfisher View Post
    My first "grail" purchase in 1/6 collecting... was seriously overpriced for me at the time.. I think I dropped around $600.. but I was so very intrigued and proud of the purchase.... still a great memory.. I immediately opened mine.. and actually transferred the head and hand pegs to a different body as it is all mounted on what appeared to be a hasbro Joe body... kept the box put away... in the end.. a great piece.. for its time..
    It's still a great piece of Indy memorabilia I consider it to be every bit as essential as the Kenner 12"
    Quote Originally Posted by kl241 View Post
    $DCC: Taking the fun out of collecting since 2005.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    This was the figure that got me into collecting back in the day. Paid a mint for It too unfortunately.

This was the figure that got me into 1/6 figure collecting as well. I was able to land one for $400 from gofigure.com in Georgia not too long after its initial release. I think a company called Toysoldier or something was putting WWII German and US troop figures on shelves at KB Toys and Target around the same time, so I bought a few Germans for my Indy set-up. Good times...

I got my Toys McCoy Indy around 1999 from New York Toys Toys Toys, an online shop run by Deborah Mohr who would later start In The Past Toys. If memory serves, I paid around the $240 amount, coincidentally is more or less the nominal $ amount for Hot Toys figs today. The stand out factors of this figure over the licensed Indy figures that followed are (1) the extensive use of real leather, and; (2) the durability of the figure, which I think was a modified Classic Collection GI Joe, which could therefore withstand the rigors of “creative posing” that would have left the other Indys with detached hands.

I ended up getting the horse a couple of years later from a toy consignment store in Anaheim for a decent price I remember, but the neighborhood amount, I don’t recall. Circle Homes Studios customized a decent saddle and tack set for me in leather, which was a great replacement for the Marx rubber set that came with the horse (sorry, don't have pics for it). I took them out of the box (I promptly weathered Indy), which of course I kept. Here are pics (the last 2 were taken 18 years ago!):

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic342_4.gif

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    I still have mine. Can't bring myself to take him out of the box. Love the overall presentation.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    No reason to take this out of the box. Its a great piece of nostalgia entombed as it came. The box itself is a piece of art. I'd almost like to encase it in plastic and mount it on the wall.

I got mine like many of you -- around 2001 I believe, for about $300 I think (it was a gift to me)... and never opened it.

It's like the ark of the covenant.

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection