Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Default Re: Toys McCoy Indiana Jones

Damn, I didn't know about the figure until it had already sold out. Missed the release by a few months. I had 3 total at one point. all were over 500.00 with the first one I bought at 800.00. Needless to say after selling two (at a profit) I ended up paying around 450.00 to 500.00 for the one I kept. Kind of unrelated but I remember seeing a photo of a life size Toys McCoy Indy at their bike apparel shop many years ago. While this figure hasn't held up very well over the years I remember the time that I was floored when I first saw images of it. Unopened I guess it still looks pretty impressive.

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    Have 2, one displayed, one in box.... great figure....

I had 2 figure with the horse at one time. But ends up selling off the set. I still have my original one here.

Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    The fact that real leather was used is cool. I heard the idol has real gold plating.

Mine is out of the box and on display in my screening room. Also have the various Toys McCoy Steve McQueen figures. Toys McCoy was a pioneering company in 1/6 scale.

Is the relic hunter figure a knock off of the Toys McCoys? The clothing looks the same.
    "Hi there, my name is Dug, my master made this collar so that I may talk...SQUIRREL!...hi there"

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Nothing about the Relic Hunter was similar to the Toys McCoy. It was it's own release.

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Add Jase25 on Facebook Visit Jase25's Youtube Channel
    I recently pick one up for $175 shipped which I thought was a steal. Its accessories are all sealed so I wont open him. I know its a close to 20 year old figure but its still an impressive sculpt. So much to love about this piece. Im so shocked A d happy I now own one. Was truly a grail for me. To top it off the guy out of Japan I got him from let me know he also had a Steve McQueen Cowboy and if I was interested hed throw him in with Indy for an extra $65 shipped. Well that Cowboy Figure ended up being the Toys McCoy Josh Randall Steve McQueen figure still mint in the box. So he was instantly bought! For $240 I ended up with a Mint in Box Indiana Jones with Sealed Accessories in a Mint Box and a Josh Randall Steve McQueen also never removed from box. Another beautiful piece. I did a short picture review on YouTube of my Indy.

Take care - Jase

https://youtu.be/K09mXzMIUiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Freak
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Nice on getting the McCoy into your collection. I would like to get him one day as well. Great deal on that set with the condition and unopened pieces. Congrats.

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Add Jase25 on Facebook Visit Jase25's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher1974 View Post
    Nice on getting the McCoy into your collection. I would like to get him one day as well. Great deal on that set with the condition and unopened pieces. Congrats.
    I got lucky. The description said it had been opened,but when I received him he was brand new and so was The Josh Randall Steve McQueen. Which is incredible as well. These figures I know arent HT type sculpts but they are still outstanding for their time (1999 for Indy) and because of that there is a certain nostalgia about them as well. They are toys, and meant to be but the quality of everything Ive seen in hand is that these are durable as well. Like these could have been played with in the back yard by a kid and would have come out the other end been none the worst for wear. I dont think I could say the same thing about any of my other 1/6 figures. The fact that these figures came with multiple hands, COAs, and stands waaaaaaay before such things were considered the norm these guys paved the way and are truly the precursor to the 1/6 scale collectibles we collect today.

Im honestly of thinking of selling off a few of my pieces to get the McQueen Great Escape and Hunter figures that were also put out by Toys McCoy. Not sure about what their value might be in the years to come but Im wanting them just because I think they are amazing.

Few pics of the Steve McQueen Josh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk