Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    42 (100%)

Default Re: Temple Of Doom Fans

I Love TOD and I am not afraid to say it... Raiders is the better movie sure.. But it was TOD that turned me into a HUGE Indy fan... Perfect film that came along at the perfect age in my life. Love it! Raiders and TOD are both in my top 10 action films of all time. TOD is leaps and bounds better then TLC and obviously KotCS.

Well all that is left to say is "Hold onto your potatoes".

I was maybe 2 or 3 when I saw it for the first time. Totally blown away at that age and it's mark has definitely been permanent.

And I mentioned before I think TOD has the best score of the series, but especially the Slave Children's Crusade theme. Can't put into words how much I love that theme. I honestly prefer it to the main Indy theme, which I don't say lightly.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    No argument there on the score. I remember playing the cassette so much that I rubbed the words off. I used to play the Raiders LP over and over again, as well. Good times.

The days of cassettes, good times. So many I wore out to the point they'd no longer play.

Freakalicious
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Master View Post
    And I mentioned before I think TOD has the best score of the series, but especially the Slave Children's Crusade theme. Can't put into words how much I love that theme. I honestly prefer it to the main Indy theme, which I don't say lightly.
    I think the additions Williams made to the score for TOD shine. However, the reuse of themes, from Raiders, in addition to the above mentioned track (and others) is what probably makes the TOD score stand out, for me. Also, the usage of those themes in a darker (cinematography and feel) movie add to the emotional tug.
    What an incredible smell you've discovered!

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    The main Indy theme, or Raiders march ( see what I did there) is definitely a great composition. But I've always loved Marion's theme better. Just beautiful. Really tugs on the hearts strings. But yeah, the slave children's Indy version just before he frees them all is pretty powerful too.
    What can I say... John Williams - Magician imo

He's done a lot of incredible scores for sure. Hard to imagine movies without his work.

Banned

Feedback
    10 (100%)
    TOD is the closest the series ever got to being straight-up Horror. Besides being the most pulpy of the series it also feels very much like a live-action EC Horror comic from the 50s with the dark, eerie ambience and the visuals and color palette.
    YES!

TOD has been and will always be my favorite Indy film with Mola as my favorite villain since childhood. HE RIPS OUT PEOPLE'S HEARTS!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TOD2.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	354.1 KB 
ID:	294755

Name:	TOD3.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	358.4 KB 
ID:	294756

Name:	TOD1.jpg