Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: 1/4th quarter scale Indiana Jones figure - wip Diamond Select mod

what i did to the hat was did it boiling hot water and then quickly reshape it and freeze it with cold water. risky, but its the only method thats helps it not go back to its original shape. so far a week in and its held its new shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    I have this but have never taken it out of it's gigantic shipping box. The likeness is there in the sculpt, it is everything else that throws it off.

Did you use a blowdryer on the hat? That is at least the one thing I have to do to it if it ever sees the light of day.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by agliarept View Post
    what i did to the hat was did it boiling hot water and then quickly reshape it and freeze it with cold water. risky, but its the only method thats helps it not go back to its original shape. so far a week in and its held its new shape.
    Thanks, I will give that a shot when the time comes.

It's really not risky at all, I have use this method successfully for tons of warped and bent accessories, to loosen joints, and even completely reshape stuff. I know a lot of people swear by the hair dryer but, too me, that seems a lot more risky. I've never had any adverse effects from using the old boiling water trick. It's pretty quick, you normally don't have to leave the part in the water for very long, 10-20 seconds at most usually does the trick, and it heats evenly.

been ages since i've had anything to show

really wanted a 1/4th indy in my collection. unfortunately there isn't much being offer aside from the Diamond Select version. For years i've seen the stock images of it and it just looked awful. luckily however i decided i could make it look a little better, so after paying 30 bucks for a brand new figure I went to work.

Before:
    Attachment 201745
    Attachment 201746

After:
    Attachment 201747
    Attachment 201748
    Attachment 201749
    Attachment 201750
    Attachment 201751
    Attachment 201752

What I did:
    Padded the torso
    added sideshow bag
    weather the shirt
    re-molded the terrible plastic hat
    added sideshow belt & holster
    added 1/4 light up torch.

What i'd like to do
    re-weather shirt, pants, and jacket
    replace jacket with better one. leather?
    shorten body or replace with enterbay body
    buy better pistol - the included one is terrible!
    re shape lasso whip
    re paint idol in metallic paint
    create custom base
    re-paint face and body.

what do all think? I almost gave up on this fig early this week but I'm quit happy with it now. not perfect but what a difference some little things did to it.

question
    Where can I get a replacement jacket done for this figure and body?
    Great work! vast improvement

just a little update, snagged one of the new 1/4th scale bodies to use as a new base for this figure. hopefully it will vastly improve how it looks, will post a pic once it arrived :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	161CO03_Male-Body-18-Inch.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	174.4 KB 
ID:	286352

Oh BOY! I can't wait to see how this comes out! What a game-changer! I can't believe they even make these! Not like there's a ton of 1/4 heads out there that need bodies. In your case though it's going to rock!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Yes, very interested to see how it comes out! Good luck!

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    I'm looking forward to seeing the result. As bmarz stated I just can't believe someone is making these bodies but lucky for you someone is

Super Freak
    Feedback
    57 (100%)
    I am after just the shirt from this figure if anyone has one going for a reasonable price...

I may have the shirt and pants from the ROTLA Sideshow PF figure in my parts bin.. I had custom pants and shirt made for mine.. as well as a custom leather jacket.. So all the originally included clothing I stored away.
    CUSTOM GUNBELTS, HOLSTERS, SIDEBAGS and WHIPS for INDY !! Just PM me !!