Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 476 of 602 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 6015

Default Re: HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Ferraro View Post
    I think someone is trying reeeeeeally hard to convince himself he likes it. Or to get others to like it so spending the 250 stings a little less, otherwise why try so hard to convince otherwise?

I remember I got the Big chap alien and as a non alien aficionado I thought it looked pretty great. But there were many who called it "falien" . .
    I don't get what you're saying.

Your anecdote says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". So, if you like your Alien and everyone else says it's crap, you like it and that's what matters, so why are you trying to convince people who like Indy that it's crap??

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by SwedishHeat View Post
    I don't get what you're saying.

Your anecdote says "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". So, if you like your Alien and everyone else says it's crap, you like it and that's what matters, so why are you trying to convince people who like Indy that it's crap??
    I believe what Raymond was saying was that he simply accepted that there are those who don't like it and that it didn't affect his own feelings for the alien. He didn't belligerently attack any naysayers there with wild accusations and harassing comments about how wrong and stupid they were to think the alien was nothing less than perfect.

Yeah, nobody is right or wrong here, but the hate throwing does seem to go both ways.

I happen to love this figure myself, but I get why others don't and accept that...even if I don't personally agree with it. There's no need to resort to personal attacks on others tastes or intelligence.

As far as HT Indy is concerned, IMO, he is the best 1/6 representation of Indy you can get out of the box. Sure he can be improved upon to near perfection with all of the awesome custom gear out there...but the same can be said for any figure. Do I wish he had turned out more like some of the brilliant customs that the talented folks here have done? You bet I do...but at the same time I am also happy to own the best 1/6th Indy that's available.

If I didn't think the stock figure were worth the $250 I wouldn't have gotten him...but that is my personal opinion. If he isn't worth that amount of money to someone else, that is their opinion and I respect that.

HT Addict
    Feedback
    56 (100%)
    Good God. I can't believe that every time I check this thread the same old tired argument is going on...how long has it been since the release? MOVE ON PEOPLE. If you like it, great. If you don't like it, great. How about some IN-HAND IMAGES?! Take your pages-long, petty arguments and go start an "HT Indy b!*ch and whine" thread....just sayin.

I will customize your War Machine!!

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...d.php?t=101802

Jedi BPRD Agent
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    this is after i was messing around with him forever....

I really dig him like this now....

IMG_1192 by aaronViolator, on Flickr

Super Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Old Lu View Post
    I believe what Raymond was saying was that he simply accepted that there are those who don't like it and that it didn't affect his own feelings for the alien. He didn't belligerently attack any naysayers there with wild accusations and harassing comments about how wrong and stupid they were to think the alien was nothing less than perfect.
    Yes that's it exactly. It was more of a direct response to Batfreak's post about saying how there is too much negativity here and he does not want to be a part of it. I was kind of saying "oh well deal with it" more or less and used the Alien thread as an example.

I never expected and never would expect the thread to be anything other than 90 percent negativity and I trust that to the fact I truly believe the Alien aficionados were correct that the figure was grossly inaccurate.

If it was OK enough for me I was cool with that. And it was actually. No need to fight an uphill battle on that one. I would never blatantly say they were wrong, you're just askin' for trouble. In fact as I said I'm almost positive they were right.

Now's my chance!

I still hate the squandered opportunity that this figure represents with a burning passion.

Super Freak
    Feedback

I like mine, but only because I'm such a fan of the character. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronViolator View Post
    this is after i was messing around with him forever....

I really dig him like this now....

IMG_1192 by aaronViolator, on Flickr

He looks really good there aaron! Great pic and nice pose.

Jedi BPRD Agent
    Feedback
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ray View Post
    He looks really good there aaron! Great pic and nice pose.

Page 476 of 602 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast