Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 625 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Re: HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Quote Originally Posted by Rzeznikk View Post
    Once I get mine Im really going to try and achieve this pose! Its fantastic!

Yeah, this is the photo that takes this over the top for me.

There's a lot of flaws with the HS likeness, but when you can pose it like this, wow!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by faststreetsofhongkong View Post
    Since we have established that my photos suck, let’s see some more from today. I now get that they are going for an “Opening Sequence” Indy, when he first uses the whip, if this figure resembles anything, it is that variation. I am starting to see Indy in there, but again, when compared with the Christopher Reeve Superman, this is a let down.

I really like these pictures, the sculpt looks really good here, but it also confirms why I prefer non PERS. Although in hand my Batman DX and Bruce do not look that bad, in pictures the eyes have the same effect as they do with Indy in this picture. So glad Superman is not a DX. It's also why I prefer the Bank Robber Joker head sculpt. Expect Captain Jack to have the same effect
    The hat looks great, but once again is does not have the distinctive Raiders pinch

Super Freak
    Feedback

Overall, it's a pretty strong Harrison Ford sculpt, but the expression just doesn't seem "Indy" to me. This would make a great Air Force One sculpt ("Get off my plane!").

One other flaw: there should have been more whiskers on the rest of the face to match the mustache area. The rest of the beard looks too light.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Toys Collectors View Post
    "It belongs in a museum, savvy?"

Disenchanted

Feedback
    20 (100%)
    I know it's only the "in hand " pics thread but could someone photoshop some darker whiskers on the lower part of the face please? I'm thinking that this may improve the likeness greatly and put to bed any worries that folks have with this figure. If its an easy fix ( adding stubble) then everyone should be able to do it.

Awesome pics as usual from OMG. I never noticed the Beckham thing until you mentioned it, now I can see it in every pic! Damn!

The headsculpt is being ripped to shreds on FB. I think HT are deleting the really bad ones though. Perhaps longterm this is a good thing, and make HT be a bit more careful/consistent?

Just a pity it was Indy that had to fail like this,
    I mean, even their pointless Noland figure has a more actor accurate headsculpt.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with this when I get it. It looks better without the jacket. Would love to see some Cairo pics.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paulcarson View Post
    I know it's only the "in hand " pics thread but could someone photoshop some darker whiskers on the lower part of the face please? I'm thinking that this may improve the likeness greatly and put to bed any worries that folks have with this figure. If its an easy fix ( adding stubble) then everyone should be able to do it.
    This is my humble attempt. I do not know if what you wanted
    I also used to reduce the black line of the eyes.

I only know that I don´t know nothing. Sócrates
    http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4982&dateline=1274730  307

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzeznikk View Post
    Once I get mine Im really going to try and achieve this pose! Its fantastic!
    I'm definitely going for this pose, looks awesome. After my initial disappointment, I'm looking forward for my Indy to arrive now. There's been some real nice pictures of late, this bring my favourite

Disenchanted

Feedback
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Restaurajones View Post
    This is my humble attempt. I do not know if what you wanted
    I also used to reduce the black line of the eyes.

That is exactly what I was looking for! It looks more like Indy to me now. Thank you for that, it looks like I'm keeping this after all !

Could have been a lot worse!