Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Default Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

Bud and Lou thank you, Exotic

Ok, some updates everyone...

Regarding the Laurel and Hardy Neil Sims sculpts, I received a reply that they are a little smaller than GI Joe heads, so they will not work for 1/6 scale.

In the meantime, I tracked down the sculptor of these great heads and I am trying to find out whether he is offering them for sale (as well as to confirm that they are 1/6 scale)..more to come on this:

In the meantime, I have been trying to track down clothes that will fit our buddy, Lou. I wasn't happy with the look of him in the army uniform, and can't find anything big without having to modify. My sewing expertise being zero (in contrast to the great work Jim is doing!) I decided to give the Monkey Depot white shirt and work shirt a try...the "Buck Privates" may turn into Chick and Wilbur after all...

The pants is a blue "fat" pants (found on ebay) that fit him nicely..

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    Ok, some updates everyone...

Regarding the Laurel and Hardy Neil Sims sculpts, I received a reply that they are a little smaller than GI Joe heads, so they will not work for 1/6 scale.

In the meantime, I tracked down the sculptor of these great heads and I am trying to find out whether he is offering them for sale (as well as to confirm that they are 1/6 scale)..more to come on this:

In the meantime, I have been trying to track down clothes that will fit our buddy, Lou. I wasn't happy with the look of him in the army uniform, and can't find anything big without having to modify. My sewing expertise being zero (in contrast to the great work Jim is doing!) I decided to give the Monkey Depot white shirt and work shirt a try...the "Buck Privates" may turn into Chick and Wilbur after all...

The pants is a blue "fat" pants (found on ebay) that fit him nicely..
    Hey Jerry!

It's too bad about the Neil Sims sculpts, they had quite a variety of expressions to choose from. I, however, am quite excited about the possibility of the new sculpts of Mr. Hardy and Mister Laurel you discovered and tracked down. Great work in finding them how did you do it? Maybe you should start a thread entitled Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy!

I really love Oliver's expression the sculpt is perfect... Not so much with Laurel. The hair is the main problem. It would have to be modified quite a bit in order to accommodate his derby. Also his expression, while iconic, I would prefer his dumb clueless look rather than his dumb happy look.

As to your Bud and Lou... Sorry to hear that you are giving up on the "Buck Privates" they were looking good. I see that you got Lou's height worked out. I guess you went to work hacking at his legs.

Lou's Wilbur outfit is coming along quite well, the pants you got are perfect, just the right color as far as I'm concerned. That it is the color I will be shooting for when I buy the material. It's funny we both wanted blue for his pants when all we know as far as color goes are B&W images.

The jacket while not perfect is workable. I suggest you remove the bottom two pockets and try to use that material to fashion another pocket for his upper pocket. The apron, which is really easy to make even if you don't know how to sew, will cover up any damage caused by removing the lower pockets. You will also have to remove the buttons of the jacket the ones they wore in the film were zippered jackets, I'm not suggesting installing a zipper just the removal of the buttons.

Overall just great work! Keep us informed about Stan and Ollie and keep posting shots of your progress on A&C.
    Last edited by jungle jom; 12-19-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Spacecrawler, Sean, I'm still curious to see your sculpts of Stan and Oliver.

Hey Jim!

Thanks for your insight and comments on Lou's jacket...I'm still not convinced that I will abandon the boys as "Buck Privates" as I have visions of them on the floor playing craps and Lou saying "little Joe"!

My dilemma is fat suit fit. I'm entertaining the idea of dying Lou's blue pants dark brown (or maybe buying another pair for a future Ollie?), but then I'm still stuck without a shirt that fits. The white one fits great but it's not army regulation...

That's why this project is so enjoyable because it's making me think, and search, and think and search...

Sean, I'm interested in seeing what you are using for Stan and Ollie sculpts as well.

I am looking for someone that might undertake the Stan and Ollie sculpts. If I find someone, I will definitely start a Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy thread!

Continued thanks for this thread, Jim! I love seeing your progress, and it will be interesting to see how everyone comes out in the end!

Jerry, If you can get the L&H sculpts made, I think I may have found the perfect clothes for Stan...

The Sideshow figure of Dr. Henry Jones Senior has the perfect outfit for Stan right down to the polka dotted bow tie. You would have to modify his shirt collar though.

Here is a link to the film "Be Big" which is my favorite of their films. You can see how much his outfit matches Sean Connery's in "The Last Crusade"

http://www.trilulilu.ro/OMBLADON91/a37d7e0220bdc8

Double Whoopie!!! The Sons of the Desert (Laurel and Hardy) project has begun....!!

Sorry to take up space on Bud and Lou's thread, but it will not last long...will begin an official Laurel and Hardy thread shortly...

And the sculptor will be....Spensor! He produced those great Beatle sculpts (among countless other great ones).

I submitted the following pics to him, asking his to consider a younger Stan and Ollie than the previous sculpts I found, and ones where Stan and Ollie can wear hats, but when taken off, Stan's hair will stick up a bit. I also asked for them to be smiling...

With Stan's hair sticking up a bit, like this:

Merry Christmas!!

Well, Jerry, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into! I thought Bud and Lou would be my first and last customs... But Noooooo.

Anyway, there is no need to apologize for taking up room here, especially with such fantastic news! I will be posting on your L&H thread once you start it.

Spenser is a great choice for these two, he did an astounding job on the Ghostbusters so we know he can handle comedic characters. You picked out some great reference pictures, those are their iconic looks. Will he be sculpting the derbies as well? If so make sure he knows that they are two distinct styles. Your idea of the hat, when in place, hiding the tufts of hair on Stan's head was a brilliant way of solving that problem.

I'm surely in for a set once they have been made, no question about it! Thanks so much for getting this ball rolling

I don't think clothing will be as much a problem with these two Ollie's clothes never fit him they were always many sizes too small for him.

What do you think of this for Stan's suit? Even the oversized shoes look about right!

This is just great news and quite the Christmas gift!

All my best to you and yours this holiday season. Merry Christmas, Jerry!
    Last edited by jungle jom; 12-22-2011 at 01:07 PM.

Hey Jim!

I knew you couldn't resist! The suit for Stan is right on the mark. Excellent choice. I think the white shirt that I put on Lou in the pictures above may work for both Stan and Ollie, because they are roomy, and the collar (when raised) doesn't have much of a tip. It might work perfectly to bend (iron or stitch) over. Too much detail at this point, but fun to start speculating about.

There is a place the does custom sized hats and derbies for 1/6 figures...I ran across it a while back and will post a link soon. He also does customs so maybe a Sons of the Desert hat would be a nice to have.

I will let you know when I hear from Spencer for the go-ahead to start the thread.

Now, let's get back to our stars on this thread, Bud and Lou...

PS I cracked up when I read your "but NOooo" above! Glad to be of service

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast