Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Default NECA Friday the 13th Part V Ultimate Roy Burns

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Toy-Fair-2019-NECA-Horror-012.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	295.3 KB 
ID:	444546

Name:	Toy-Fair-2019-NECA-Horror-013.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	245.7 KB 
ID:	444545

Name:	Toy-Fair-2019-NECA-Horror-016.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	272.1 KB 
ID:	444547

I understand that they're doing figs from all the movies but I don't think anyone would have cared if they skipped this one and went straight to part VII.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefEaster View Post
    I understand that they're doing figs from all the movies but I don't think anyone would have cared if they skipped this one and went straight to part VII.
    Especially with such a lazy re-tooling of the 2018 Myers. They just added the head and changed the torso a little bit. Very disappointing.

I’m actually glad to be getting the Roy version of Jason. I actually thought it might be one that they’d just skip over. It’s not my favorite film in the franchise, but I don’t mind it and it’s got a uniqueness to it with the different mask and the fact that he wears different clothing than Jason normally does (and obviously the Roy sculpt).

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Yea, if they're doing all the films then Roy is a part of that history, and should be included. I also don't see what's lazy about using existing parts that are accurate to the look he had in the film. I could see that if all they did was pop the Roy head on the Myers body, but they altered the collar so it lays flat instead of popped up like Myers. Not sure what else they could do.

I know it’ll never happen but I wish we could get a Tommy. Ideally from Jason Lives but I’d take the version from A New Beginning. I’d also like a Pamela but I think there’s some rights issues there.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefEaster View Post
    As a huge fan of the film series and the NECA line, yes, I would care. We can wait for Part VII.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike86 View Post
    I know it’ll never happen but I wish we could get a Tommy. Ideally from Jason Lives but I’d take the version from A New Beginning. I’d also like a Pamela but I think there’s some rights issues there.
    Two pack with Corey Feldman, and Thom Mathews. I'm kind of joking, but kind of not lol

And to think there was a time we were told this one would never happen because of tooling costs.

Roy looks excellent imo. I'm glad they didn't just reuse the head from the retro version, this new head sculpt looks so much better. From what I can tell it looks like they reused the arms, hands, legs, and neck from the 2018 Myers body, with Jason's boots. The outer torso is new, but there are some sculpt details that has me suspect that they used the 2018 myers torso as a basis for the sculpt, and they just reworked it to get the details correct for Roy's coveralls. Speaking of which, it does appear that they are trying to make the coveralls look spruce green rather than just plain blue. The accessories all look fantastic. I can't wait to see how the final product looks. I think they did him justice.

Quote Originally Posted by scarrviper View Post
    And to think there was a time we were told this one would never happen because of tooling costs.

Roy looks excellent imo. I'm glad they didn't just reuse the head from the retro version, this new head sculpt looks so much better. From what I can tell it looks like they reused the arms, hands, legs, and neck from the 2018 Myers body, with Jason's boots. The outer torso is new, but there are some sculpt details that has me suspect that they used the 2018 myers torso as a basis for the sculpt, and they just reworked it to get the details correct for Roy's coveralls. Speaking of which, it does appear that they are trying to make the coveralls look spruce green rather than just plain blue. The accessories all look fantastic. I can't wait to see how the final product looks. I think they did him justice.

I love the look as of now. As always, I'll be buying multiples. I have the original box set of F13 1 & 2 so every new figure is a step closer to completion. To be honest, it seems like they are winding down the F13 license. Probably have a few years left which would be plenty of time to get all of them done. I think we get remake, part 5, part 8 and see pics of part 7 before the end of the year.... all that's left would be 9 and X. X will have a regular and uber version.