Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Resident Mad Doctor
    Feedback
    Default Re: Norman Bates from PSYCHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Victor View Post
    And my friend, adult actress Tanya Tate likes my work too

http://www.justalottatanya.com/2012/...es-horror.html
    LOL....my wife ever sees me looking at that link, and I wont be buying anything. Cause I'll be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by galactiboy View Post
    These figures do need to be viewed in context... a small company releasing full custom figures for under $100 is unheard of. However, that does mean that there are going to be some limitations and I think that is what gives these figures a semi-dated look. If these had come out 10 years ago they would have been gobbled up, but in a HT run world not many appreciate the work that goes into figures like this.

Having said that I wonder if starting with a new basebody (on future figures) might help. I don't know what is currently being used, but it seems that if the body has strange proportions (like the Sideshow Buck, or Hasbro GI Joe) then the clothing also suffer the same issues.

It might drive up the cost, but the Headplay (no name bodies) are a great alternative the TrueType (being a very good copy) and as a base for the figures might lead to a better looking end product.

Good luck with the future releases, I'm interested to see what's coming next.
    Thanks for the advice. I have just been looking at the bodies you mention and it would add too much onto the price of the figure. It is a real struggle to keep the prices as they are. I really am trying to find a happy medium. I think I did mention though in a different thread that I intend my figures to have that retro feel. Most of my customers are not figure collectors but horror movie fans and from feedback received they like the the retro feel as it takes them back to times gone by. Again thanks for the positive advice
    Last edited by Baron Victor; 02-27-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: grammatical errors

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Phibes View Post
    LOL....my wife ever sees me looking at that link, and I wont be buying anything. Cause I'll be dead.
    So I cant interest you in a Tanya Tate figure lol. She would go well in a shower scene with Norman
    Last edited by Baron Victor; 02-27-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: None

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Victor View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I have just been looking at the bodies you mention and it would add too much onto the price of the figure. It is a real struggle to keep the prices as they are. I really am trying to find a happy medium. I think I did mention though in a different thread that I intend my figures to have that retro feel. Most of my customers are not figure collectors but horror movie fans and from feedback received they like the the retro feel as it takes them back to times gone by. Again thanks for the positive advice
    I see... if you are going for the "retro" feel I think you've done a great job then. Again, its all about perspective... generally in 1/6 many are seeking as realistic as possible; but if the intent is more stylized we can get a bit confused

Keep up the great work

To be fair, I like to take a middle-ground when it comes to realistic. If the figure is sturdy, like a DD figure, then I am happy - and the body is just a generic Dragon(ish) body with the same proportions (but a tad slimmer which is good as Cushing and co. should not be too buff). When things are as realistic as possible they are often more flimsy and weak, as the Sideshow Lewis Gunner shows. My favourite figures are (along with others):

Not a realistic body by any means, and the swords aren't either, but they are really sturdy and almost unbreakable. If something is really realistic, but shatters when knocked over or when trying to put it together (like the Lewis Gunner) it is almost useless.

Didn’t mean to step on anyones toes when I posted my like for the DD Christopher Lee figure. I mainly collect horror figures,

152544309JXypiJ_fs by madeboxer, on Flickr
    even dolls from Fashion Royalty Dracula series

VAMPS 007 by madeboxer, on Flickr
    so I gravitate toward very good headsulpts and the need for well done universal monsters. I even have the bad rendition of the original sideshow Universal monsters that were not as good as these shown.

All I ask is if I am going to spend upwards of $100 for a figure, I at least want the headsculpt dead on and halfway decent clothing (not the felt like stuff that don’t lay well) like the Dark Shadows clothing.

VAMPS 033 by madeboxer, on Flickr
    My only problem is the sculpting which is why I came up with $40 as what I would pay. This is more than what I paid for the Sideshow monsters but at the time were the only game in town for 6 scale horror figures. Now, there are so many people doing really good jobs at the headsculpts that I am a little more discriminating about what I would or would not buy. If these sculpts were just a little better, I would have no problem with the price or with the clothing and would buy them all. I am just giving my opinion as an avid collector of 6 scale horror

newpics 039 by madeboxer, on Flickr

Resident Mad Doctor
    Feedback
    Those Majestic Quentin and Barnabas figures were going for oodles of cash last time I checked. Those came out when figures of that type could still be had around $45-$60. They are just as good as any of the 12 inch figs SSC did...maybe a little better. Plus---they brought us Dr. Phibes.

I fear if petroleum prices continue to rise, we are going to get less and less for more and more.......

Super Freak
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyb101 View Post
    because the HT classic looks like from a manga and not from the movie.
    Bakurenoh@
    You ever watched the movie. The HT classic have not much in common with the movie.

HT CLASSIC;

Inacuratte from top to Bottom, no charisma/Aura of the original.
    Proportions of a 8 year old boy overall.
    Overpriced (Neca´s Pred is 1/4 and cost 80$)
    Terrible face-sculpts with almost none resemblance.
    The Netting is way too thick (but its better positioned than Necas)
    Mask looks gay (childish look), armour too (childish look and way too clean :-\)
    Many users have problem with the Head, feels off

Even HT strength (the Paint) looks way less impressive than on my last masked 18", like real flesh.
    I have four masked and all are fine, sell three to poland (friends)

HT can point in one discipline, netting, but thats all.

Sure its better than the old, but far far away from the movie;

as i said where is the charisma/aura of the 87 Predator ? Doesnt look like p1, doesnt look like classic, its a mix ? ???
    See this is pure OCD ridiculousness. What the hell are you talking about?

Rosemary's Killer
    Feedback
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFiend View Post
    See this is pure OCD ridiculousness. What the hell are you talking about?

?? I think he maybe asking is P1 Pred and Classic the same Pred or not. If so, then the answer is no. There are two completely different Predators, meaning they are not 1 and the same. The Classic Predator from the movie PREDATORS is not the same one that came out in the 1987 movie Predator.

Quote Originally Posted by PapitoMX View Post
    ?? I think he maybe asking is P1 Pred and Classic the same Pred or not. If so, then the answer is no. There are two completely different Predators, meaning they are not 1 and the same. The Classic Predator from the movie PREDATORS is not the same one that came out in the 1987 movie Predator.
    And sorry, but could I just ask what Predator has to do with Norman Bates?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast