Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    64 (100%)
    Default Re: POP TOYS Jeanne d'Arc & armoured horse

This looks amazing. I was going to buy it, then cancelled with BBTS. I bought Pop Toys female samurai figure, which is extremely impressive in hand. I think I'll have to pick this one up after all.

how tall is this figure?
    looks kinda small on the horse

Quote Originally Posted by denrep-lilium View Post
    Looks amazing, just like the prototype. Good job POP Toys.
    Everything certainly does look close to the prototype.

There's one production issue you can see in some photos, which is the horizontal mould line across the pauldron of the full armour set:

This same thing has happened, to a much worse degree, with CooModel's smaller pauldrons in their latest Milanese armour sets.

So far, I haven't seen any issues with the larger pauldrons:

With this same problem occurring at the same time from both POPToys and CooModels, I'm wondering whether these were from the same factory. Or, knowing how incestuous the 1/6 industry, whether POP and Coo are actually the same firm?

Quote Originally Posted by Star Puffs View Post
    This looks amazing. I was going to buy it, then cancelled with BBTS. I bought Pop Toys female samurai figure, which is extremely impressive in hand. I think I'll have to pick this one up after all.
    Hopefully mine will be going out soon since OSK has received half their stock, and sent me the invoice yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    how tall is this figure?
    looks kinda small on the horse
    In some of the reviews she's standing next to the latest CooModel Knight. If he's the same height as the Coo Gothic armour I have, then he'll be 13" tall. A giant for his time! That would make Jeanne about 10 1/2" tall. That's ideal for the historical Jeanne, since she was estimated to be 5' 2", but too short for Milla, who's about 5' 8".

However, I'm pleased with the POPToys height as I'd rather she was closer to her historical height.

http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=v...ead&tid=349809

After a brave heart ignited an ancient European war, St. Jude was born in a few years. At that time, she looked at the saints with the standard of brave heart. Later, she found that the story was very brave. The gap, but can not say that the film is not good, the background between the two films is far from each other, and from the battle scene, the saint is still very good.

POP has made tremendous efforts in recent years, and launched many ancient themes, and Joan of Arc has not fallen. There have been a lot of friends who have commented on this paragraph, and the response is very good. Let's share it here.
    Outer kraft paper printing uses the image of the real Jude statue.

The outsourcing of the box is very amazing, and the individual likes it.

The main body of the character is not large, and the armor has been worn, so it does not occupy the place. The first layer of the subject, the second layer of the banner and so on.

Main weapon close-up, sword is alloy

Flag close-up

Pop gave a lot of spare parts for belt rivets this time. This is very user-friendly. Now the alloy content is getting higher and higher, the weight of leather goods is bigger, the life is lower, and more spare parts are given, which does not increase the cost, but increases More to play with durability, this point is praised.

Although it is an alloy, it can be supported by the body and has no soft feet.

The head carving is close-up, personally feels very good, and rare hair is good. Skin color painting is also more realistic.

Helmet close-up

Plastic hair head close-up

Armor close-up

[IMG]http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201901/24/225504n***7968h67py5ab.jpg[/IMG]

There is no groove on the back, similar to the COO King Knight, manufacturers are paying more and more attention to the treatment behind it.

Same review continued...

War horse outsourcing

With equipment instructions

Naked horse close-up, a little bit of mane, you can trim it yourself.

The state of the harness, the buttocks are alloys, others are plastic and plastic parts.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    64 (100%)
    Nice. I re-submitted my preorder in with BBTS for the horse and the "Triumph" version.

Equestrian is rare sporting activity where women can exceed men in equal competition, so it makes more sense that a female soldier would do best as a mounted fighter, which from my readings, provides a tremendous advantage.

The historical Jeanne wasn't a warrior, but a mascot and advisor. In effect merely a tool employed by the Dauphin, though that doesn't make her short life any less remarkable for the age she lived in.

The figure, however, can represent whatever you want. After all, it was inspired by a film. Her story is fascinating, what with the superstitions of the time (still present today), and how they were exploited for political and personal gain (just as they still are today). In the film she claimed she never killed anyone, and much of the film is taken directly from her extensive trial records.

I've been meaning to look more into that record, and found the unabridged 1932 English translation online this morning:

https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/basi...farc-trial.asp

It runs on for hundreds of pages, but at least it's CTRL-F searchable so you can dip into it. Searching all instances for the word 'kill' brought up the reference:

She said also that she herself bore the standard, when attacking the enemy, so as not to kill any one; she never has killed any one, she said.

Anyway, I like the posing and set ups in this latest review:

http://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=v...extra=page%3D1

I feel that this is worth starting, the two head carvings are in place, the charm of the movie protagonist, the
    armor is old and more real, the war horse is quite
    normal. Since the ancient times, many products have improved a grade, not bad.

I hope you like it too.

Super Freak

Feedback
    Looking forward to getting mine. Thanks for sharing all the pics, Asta. Really great looking figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    Looking forward to getting mine. Thanks for sharing all the pics, Asta. Really great looking figure.
    Kit sent the horse out yesterday, and will send the figures in the next day or two. I have quite a few 1/6 coming in at the moment, but these are the most anticipated.

I would like to see this figure next to Threezero GOT Daenerys for size comparison