Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Alert Line : 1/6 WWII Royal Air Force - Fighter Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Kuat of Kuat View Post
    It certainly is, and odd to think that he lived through that time and how close that makes this history seem.

Air raid shelters; collecting piles of shrapnel from the anti-aicraft guns to see who could gather the most before it was collected for the war effort; paying to put a stamp on a bomb to raise war funds - on a bomb that when dropped may well have killed children - still horrifies him to this day that he did that; or the time on a school trip when they were walking crocodile fashion down the road, and a German fighter plane suddenly comes in low, and the teacher rushes to get all the children into the ditch for safety. Though luckily the aircraft didn't open fire, but just flew on.

He has so many vivid memories, though not all bad. He remembers the community spirit. And things like the Italian prisoners sent to work on his uncle's farm, who were just happy to be out of the war. No one guarding them because they had no desire to escape.
    Wow those events he experienced would definitely stay with anyone. So grateful right now

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Visit jimmie_dimmick's Youtube Channel Visit jimmie_dimmick's Instagram Channel
    Anyone have this in-hand yet?

İFly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    24 (100%)
    Finally picked this one up using one of the Ebay discount codes.

Excellent figure, all around. I was pleasantly surprised with the head sculpt, which I thought would not be as nicely painted as it is.

Box and presentation were impressive as well, with the wrap around box flap held by a magnet and the foam inserts to hold all of accessories. No plastic trays here. This is my first figure from Alert Line and I won't hesitate to order any figures from them that I hold an interest on.

I had previously picked up an extra uniform loose from TA and will be setting up a second figure with the extras included. I highly recommend this figure if you are an aviation or military history buff (as I am...)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	873.2 KB 
ID:	438733
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	753.9 KB 
ID:	438734
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.