Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    184 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling

Default Custom Dark Knight figures

Just started work on my custom Joker. Didn't realize how little we actually see of Joker's left side. I'm working on the scars first, and I've found lots of the right side, but only one or two of the left. The right is more of a raised scar and the left is more of a cut-in type scar, and longer.

I also have a (hopefully) clever idea for the make up.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
    Just started work on my custom Joker. Didn't realize how little we actually see of Joker's left side. I'm working on the scars first, and I've found lots of the right side, but only one or two of the left. The right is more of a raised scar and the left is more of a cut-in type scar, and longer.

I also have a (hopefully) clever idea for the make up.
    Great news! I start sculpting on the Rickenbacker figure tomorrow too, so hopefully I can make something interesting out of it. I think it will be more classic scary joker than the film version... but still twisted nontheless.

I do have parts coming for the Ledger Joker though, so that will be a whole different kinda bad.
    Contact me for updates regarding old commissions: jchurch49@hotmail.com

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    184 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist81 View Post
    Great news! I start sculpting on the Rickenbacker figure tomorrow too, so hopefully I can make something interesting out of it. I think it will be more classic scary joker than the film version... but still twisted nontheless.

I do have parts coming for the Ledger Joker though, so that will be a whole different kinda bad.
    When I first was getting Eddie, I said I'd go more classic and you would go more Dark Knight. Now I'm going more Dark Knight and you more classic!

I can't sculpt well either, but at least you can paint. I hope to make something to hold me over just until Hot Toys does theirs.

Where did you find some of the Dark Knight clothing? I found a tie and that is about it. I'd even settle for just finding a vest, shirt, and pants for the jail scene.

I don't know if you noticed, but Eddie has almost identical gloves to the ones Heath is wearing!

I can't wait to see these finished Jokers. I'm thinking about doing one, myself.

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    184 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    Eddie is in the oven. Lets hope all goes well.

Edit: Good news and bad news. Good news is that Eddie didn't melt in the oven. Bad news is that the sculpy didn't seem to harden much. The scars on the face are fine, but I think the hair is going to be a wash. Maybe rooted hair isn't such a bad job on custom figures? I'll see how the hair does overnight, but I might be making a trip to Michaels for a little doll hair. Just color it green, and presto.

Hopefully I'll have him done (except clothing) tomorrow. I'll be taking my first attempt at seriously painting a figure... but with a Nolan twist.
    Last edited by Buttmunch; 12-18-2007 at 11:30 PM.

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    184 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling

Hair is a bit dredlocky, but this was my first attempt at doing hair - let alone, long, wild, out of control hair. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the doll hair though.

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    184 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    The real hair is proving more difficult than I thought. In the meantime, here is a teaser now that I got rid of the awfult dredlock hair

Looking food, munch. Can't wait to see the finished, painted head with hair.

I will PM you my address, so you can send the finished product to me.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    10 (100%)

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    184 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    I painted the gloves purple today, but they are still drying. The gel managed the hair just a bit, but it is still all over the place. I'll try to get a better pic up tonight.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast