Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1/4 Hollywood Collectibles Spock statue - Star Trek

Just received the 1/4 scale polystone Spock statue from HCG. I'm really excited about this piece and wanted to do a review on it right away, but unfortunately I'm super busy this evening so instead I'll post a couple quick pics and go more in depth when I get home. I'll probably post a video review of it on YouTube at some point as well.

Dark Beagle of the Sith™ MODERATOR
    Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    That looks pretty cool! Congrats!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Indeed the statue looks great. What is the price of these?
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    Collection ◄ ◄ ◄ ► ► ► Feedback

Would you say they captured his likeness? Kinda hard to tell from the pictures and usually it looks different in hand.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    56 (100%)
    likeness looks good, i stopped buying hcg because their paint usually is pretty blend and subpar. But this is such an iconic character and i dont have anything star trek yet.

can you take some high res photo of the face?

I'd like to say the pictures speak for themselves, but they don't. I broke my 5D and my iPad's camera slightly distorts/elongates shots at the edges, nevertheless this piece looks fantastic in person. Maybe I'm a little bias considering I'm a longtime Star Trek fan, but I'd like to think it makes me more discerning. I've never seen a figure with such a spot-on likeness of Leonard Nimoy, and it makes Sideshow's Spock/Kirk PF's look like the original generic G.I. Joes.

Never really been a fan of much of HCG's previous work, but I think they are starting to up the ante with their Star Trek line. The sculpt itself is by Chris Vierra, who I think is fairly new to the biz, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of his stuff. Besides the great head sculpt and intricate veins on his hands, the the wrinkles in the fabric of the clothes are so well done that at first glance it's difficult to tell its just polystone.

The only complaint I would have about this would be the paint job. Overall it's pretty good, and I love the contrast between the matte black pants and gloss of the boots. The only real problem I have is with the face. The lips could have been a shade lighter and the red under the eyes toned down slightly, but at this point I'm splitting hairs. The base is a solid, heavy replica of a transporter platform, identical to the one that HCG's 1/4 Kirk stands on (a companion to this piece, and not quite as fantastic looking as Spock in my opinion). Overall, really happy with this and it's going to look awesome in my home theater along with my 1/4 Sideshow Cap, Rocketeer and John Wayne. Highly Recommend this to any Trek fan.

@JKNO they're 279.95 from HCG but some secondary retailers have em for slightly cheaper.

F__k. This looks awesome. Congrats.
    I am a girl damn it! Quit calling me dude.

Dark Beagle of the Sith™ MODERATOR
    Feedback
    17 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    Great pics, Qbranch, thanks for posting them!