Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Default Re: Are Hot Toys figures losing thier value on the secondary market?

Some characters will, especially over produced ones....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
    Long live the King
    http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=451277&d=1556025809

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by memphissfinest View Post
    The funny thing is that since you made this post, those snowtroopers are STILL in stock at BBTS. LMFAO.
    If they actually wanted to move these figures, they could, I don't know, offer them at sale prices instead of store credit on a future purchase. Just an idea.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones View Post
    If they actually wanted to move these figures, they could, I don't know, offer them at sale prices instead of store credit on a future purchase. Just an idea.
    If you buy other stuff from them it will be a better deal with the credit, I don't see them selling them outright for the same price you end up getting them for. Although, you do get taxed on the higher amount and I am not sure if they tax before or after credit is applied so you may get taxed twice in that scenario.

Just a little freaky

Feedback
    Add Gurroo on Facebook Visit Gurroo's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones View Post
    That's not permitted as per the contract that they have with Sideshow.
    The reason they have to sell them with BBTS discount codes is to circumvent the rule in place that says they cannot sell items for more than X% less than MSRP/retail pricing.

This is typical in the retail business. They are called "MAP Agreements" - Minimum Advertised Price Agreements. If you violate them it can lead to cancellation of your account.
    Toy Origin - Hot Toys, Sideshow Collectibles, 1:6 Scale Figures, Pop Culture Collectibles- WORLDWIDE Shipping & Collector Care around the clock - we are the premiere source on the web for the collectibles you crave.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Most of the HT figs that I sell either go for retail price or just under. Basically your never gonna make a lot from your HT figs but your not really losing your money because in my experience you can usually always get your money back on these things.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shells075 View Post
    Most of the HT figs that I sell either go for retail price or just under. Basically your never gonna make a lot from your HT figs but your not really losing your money because in my experience you can usually always get your money back on these things.
    It's hard to break even sometimes, when you add in taxes, selling fees, and shipping costs. Most of those store credit deals are not much better than you can buy them on eBay for.

I think some Hot Toys will lose value over time simply because some of the cheaper materials used means that it has quite a limited shelf life.

I made a post about the Fire Toys Catwoman and started getting confirmation about the flaking faux leather and rubber.

Googling shows this is quite a common issue.

I think as soon as your figure reaches that flaking stage then its value will plummet as it is mainly about aesthetics and the majority of buyers would not want a flaking figure.

On average, pleather last 6-8yrs.

Then say you paid $250.

250/8 = $31.25 per year of enjoyment.

If you look at it this way then its quite reasonable.

But I see on Ebays some sellers selling this 6yr old figure brand new mint in box.

As mentioned in another thread, the figure needs to be aired.

So what should happen in a few more years is these profiteers sell it BNMIB but when the buyer opens it and start touching the pleather or start moving and posing the figure then notice the flaking and demanding to be refunded with picture evidence.

It really only starts to flake when you touch or move it if its kept mint in box.

But not being aired would exacerbate the pleather's chemical degradation more quickly.

There is no way these pleather figures will last years and years.

They have a limited lifespan and should depreciate over time as you get less useful life out of it.

But most profiteers don't realise this simple scientific fact.

If you buy this figure new and then sell it near same price at year 6 then you have had complete free enjoyment of it.

The sucker that bought at year 6 will suddenly find that two years down the line the figure starts falling apart and looking skanky taht they are even afraid of displaying it to friends.

Buckeye Nation
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    Most don’t anymore because they keep releasing the same characters after every movie

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Rabbit View Post
    Most donít anymore because they keep releasing the same characters after every movie
    Yes I was bumbed I didn't get the movie Deadpool and looked at getting one off Ebay but was able to get v2

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk