Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11

    Default Re: Hot Toys Fantastic Beasts

    I'm so excited for these hot toys figures ! I hope they'll do a lot of harry potter figures (just like star wars and marvel). I really hope they'll make Jude Law Dumbledore and Hermione !

    Saw the movie at the premiere in Paris by the way and it's amazing ! And I had the luck to have met Jude Law and he's so nice ! Can't wait to see him in Captain Marvel

    Is this the main thread for this ? If not can you send me the link thanks !

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyUncharted View Post
    I'm so excited for these hot toys figures ! I hope they'll do a lot of harry potter figures (just like star wars and marvel). I really hope they'll make Jude Law Dumbledore and Hermione !

    Saw the movie at the premiere in Paris by the way and it's amazing ! And I had the luck to have met Jude Law and he's so nice ! Can't wait to see him in Captain Marvel

    Is this the main thread for this ? If not can you send me the link thanks !
    Very cool! I hope they make Dumbledore too - him, Newt and Grindelwald would make an awesome display.

  3. #13
    Just a little freaky

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    63
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Follow Wern_r On Twitter Visit Wern_r's Vimeo Channel
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBCOG_Compare.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	748.1 KB 
ID:	433686

    Watched the movie yesterday and really liked it. Setting up some big things for the future movies. When I went to sideshow I noticed that Hot Toys and Star Ace are releasing the same characters and put together a comparison. Prefer the Hot Toys ones by a mile but do hope they improve on Newt a bit more. To me the Star Ace ones look more like barbie dolls to me. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Wern_r; 11-18-2018 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Figuring out image size

  4. #14
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,800
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Both Newt's look pretty good to me, the SA Grindewald however, looks terrible.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Torturer of OCD
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    61,314
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Reputation
    Sideshow's are 1/8th scale though, right? So not a good comparison.

    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

  6. #16
    Just a little freaky

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    63
    Feedback
    0
    Reputation
    Follow Wern_r On Twitter Visit Wern_r's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Wor-Gar View Post
    Sideshow's are 1/8th scale though, right? So not a good comparison.
    Oh are they? Thought they were 1/6th as well. JC Hong posted pictures of the Newt sculpt on Facebook that looked better that the promotional pictures from Hot Toys to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 46384929_2095205967210375_390561622701113344_o.jpg   46441707_2095205927210379_1828439419825160192_o.jpg   46460821_2095205900543715_3942720307747356672_o.jpg  

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wern_r View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBCOG_Compare.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	748.1 KB 
ID:	433686

    Watched the movie yesterday and really liked it. Setting up some big things for the future movies. When I went to sideshow I noticed that Hot Toys and Star Ace are releasing the same characters and put together a comparison. Prefer the Hot Toys ones by a mile but do hope they improve on Newt a bit more. To me the Star Ace ones look more like barbie dolls to me. What do you guys think?
    The Hot Toys figures look excellent - hopefully I will be able to get them. The Star Ace Newt looks pretty good considering the smaller 1/8 scale, not very keen on their Grindelwald one though - that doesn't look good at all.

  8. #18
    Torturer of OCD
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    61,314
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by BagginsOfBagEnd View Post
    not very keen on their Grindelwald one though - that doesn't look good at all.
    Probably because he's doing the Blue Steel look.

    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Similar Threads

  1. Prime 1 Studio: Fantastic Beasts
    By Shoo in forum General Collectibles -Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-24-2018, 10:39 PM
  2. Fantastic Beasts Newt Scamander sixth scale figure review
    By Michael Crawford in forum General Collectibles - Action Figures
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-10-2018, 01:41 PM
  3. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald
    By Darth Waller in forum Movies & TV Show discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-14-2018, 02:49 PM
  4. Star Ace Fantastic Beasts 1:6
    By Darklord Dave in forum General Collectibles - Action Figures
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-03-2018, 07:38 AM
  5. Harry Potter Spinoff "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" 11-8-16
    By ZaCHw117 in forum Movies & TV Show discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-02-2016, 07:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •