Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Lost in Space Will Robinson review

I swear there are some super faint freckles on his face... looks like they were painted on, but are far to faint to really be appreciated.

But, either way this seems like a huge miss. Phicen and ER seem to want to be in the big league when it comes to 1/6, but so far the only thing they can get right is the price.

As someone who has supported this line from the first figure this is a mixed bag. While I am glad it finally got produced, I am disappointed with the attempt to try and upgrade the quality. A head sculpt of a known celebrity should first and foremost look like the person it is suppose to represent. All the skin texture and fine detail hair sculpting in the world can not make up for a lackluster likeness. If the head fails to look like the actor or actress it is an epic fail. Scifimetropolis, Executive Replicas, Pichen or whatever brand is responsible owes a certain obligation to the consumers who have patiently waited years for this line to be completed. I can't speak for everyone, but I would much rather they had used the original prototype that was created some years ago. It would have fit in much better with the six figures I have already purchased, and it actually looked like Bill Mumy. No high end company is going to take on this license, and if they do they would likely only offer a few characters and drop it. While I applaud the tenacity of this company and their resolve to finish this line, I can't help but feel that long time supporters got thrown under the bus in favor of newer collectors who prefer detailed sculpts to accurate likenesses. I have waited this long for a Will Robinson figure I can hold out for a better price on this one and commission a head sculpt I will be happy with.

180 for THIS? Gotta be kidding....

I Am The Danger
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Too bad, I just built the Moebius 1/6 scale B9 Robot & this would've made a nice companion piece...if it weren't total garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by yruh8n View Post
    As someone who has supported this line from the first figure this is a mixed bag. While I am glad it finally got produced, I am disappointed with the attempt to try and upgrade the quality. A head sculpt of a known celebrity should first and foremost look like the person it is suppose to represent. All the skin texture and fine detail hair sculpting in the world can not make up for a lackluster likeness. If the head fails to look like the actor or actress it is an epic fail. Scifimetropolis, Executive Replicas, Pichen or whatever brand is responsible owes a certain obligation to the consumers who have patiently waited years for this line to be completed. I can't speak for everyone, but I would much rather they had used the original prototype that was created some years ago. It would have fit in much better with the six figures I have already purchased, and it actually looked like Bill Mumy. No high end company is going to take on this license, and if they do they would likely only offer a few characters and drop it. While I applaud the tenacity of this company and their resolve to finish this line, I can't help but feel that long time supporters got thrown under the bus in favor of newer collectors who prefer detailed sculpts to accurate likenesses. I have waited this long for a Will Robinson figure I can hold out for a better price on this one and commission a head sculpt I will be happy with.
    Executive Replicas seems to only care about trying to portray themselves as some ultra high end collectable company, with laughable pricing. The (not done well enough) 2001 line and this Will Robinson are perfect examples. I do appreciate the different subject matter but if you're going to acquire a license then you need to live up to today's standards, not Barbie or 1990s GI Joe standards that essentially will kill any possible interest from any other manufacturer of the more obscure lines who might do it better.

Sean

Star Frak
    Feedback
    289 (100%)
    Follow yodasan On Twitter Add yodasan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnis View Post
    Too bad, I just built the Moebius 1/6 scale B9 Robot & this would've made a nice companion piece...if it weren't total garbage.
    Does that mean you'll be selling your B9?