Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)
    Default Re: Do not use "gift" when sending payment by paypal

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyJ View Post
    I build the fees into my prices, however if someone is haggling and asking for lower prices that usually end up being a shade over 10%, I will ask that the contingency of me accepting a lesser price is that the fees are added onto that lower price.

I've also had a ton of pleasant gift transactions. Paid others that way without a problem so far (won't for just anyone) and have been paid as gift many times and never flaked out on anyone.
    I had someone haggle me down to a lower price and as I recall they said they would pay the paypal fees, I didn't even mention them. I receive payment and.....fees weren't paid

I just left it, whatever, didn't want to get into an argument.

Freakazoid
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Do Paypal guarantee to refund non-receipt of goods now ? as before if i remember rightly if there is no money in said persons account you get nothing.

Only asking as i currently have a 510 dispute that i've just escalated to a claim as it's looking like i've been scammed by a member on here. Paid with my Paypal balance aswell, so no credt card back-up there.

I'm fuming at the moment.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    I give buyers the option to send payment as a gift if they want the item cheaper (or they can cover the fees). I've been on the forums for basically a decade, and I'm not ripping anyone off. In my opinion, it's up to the buyer to decide how they want to pay. Only a handful have decided to pay via "gift", but they got their items and are happy (and saved money)!

If the seller has been on the forums for only a brief time, has a low post count, etc....then you are insane to send payment as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    I give buyers the option to send payment as a gift if they want the item cheaper (or they can cover the fees). I've been on the forums for basically a decade, and I'm not ripping anyone off. In my opinion, it's up to the buyer to decide how they want to pay. Only a handful have decided to pay via "gift", but they got their items and are happy (and saved money)!

If the seller has been on the forums for only a brief time, has a low post count, etc....then you are insane to send payment as a gift.
    Likewise. But I do agree that "gift" is a bad idea if the seller has 3 posts and a new membership.
    I don't see the problem giving a "gift" "accept fees" option if the seller is established. It's just a way of saving money for both parties.