Koto 1/6 Superman: Man for Tomorrow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Just received the Koto Superman: Man for Tomorrow 1/6 scale statue and I can honestly say that it has been a while since I have been surprised after opening up a statue. See usually you say... Pics don't do this piece justice... But all the in hand photos are great. So I knew it would look great in person but you know what? Pics do not do this piece justice. That is saying something because this guy is so darn photogenic.

Body Sculpt 5 out of 5 / Pose - 5 out of 5 - The Body sculpt on this piece is perfect. Every sort of detail you could want is present on this statue. The Cape itself is a work of art all by itself. Superman is in one of the best poses I have seen for any Superman statue. I have long wanted a Statue of the Man of Steel but so many fell short. I do have the PF on order so I almost passed on this. But there is just so much to love. I love the Superman curl also. It's sculpted and adds to the look of the piece dramatically. So much better then if it was sculpted to his forehead. As for the pose well everything about the pose is pure Superman in all of his power. I love the stance and the position of his fists. I love the flow of the cape and how it just slightly blows upward at the tip. Really fantastic.

Face Sculpt 4.5 out of 5 I took off half a point for the face sculpt. It is just a tad to....well...sculpted looking. It nice... Hell it's great. Just not perfect. Really half a point is nit picking. But in all honesty it was the thing that kept me from pre ordering right away. However it looks great in person. Just not 5 star great.

Paint - 5 out of 5. This really surprised me. The paint apps came out perfect. No bleeding, no splatters, no missed parts.. Just perfect. He looks Cartoonish just as he should since this is 100% comic based. No complaints at all from me.

Base - 5 out of 5 - Simple and perfect.

Overall 5 out of 5
Seriously this is in my opinion the best Superman statue out there right now. It is just stunning. I originally bought this to take to work and display with my Koto Batman. But guess what? It's might be just to great to have sitting at work. Batman may have to come home and be displayed here with Superman. I hope the SSC Superman turns out this good. For the money you can't go wrong. Highly recommended.

Back