They're still toys...and that's o.k.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedibear

Figuring it out
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking back over the last year and what sixth-scale fun I've added to my collection...and while I've added some cool, high-profile pieces from both Sideshow and Hot Toys (and enjoyed them all)...it's interesting to look at the group and see what becomes merely a well-rendered display piece that finds a pose and stays there versus the one that keeps demanding attention for a new pose or new display option....that calls out "I'm a toy!" "Let's play!"

Out of all of the ones from last year, the one figure that is a resounding success as both a display piece and yes, a toy, is one from the line that really drew me into the Sideshow Sixth-Scale world with a vengence...the Star Wars collection.

I really enjoyed many of the early entries in the collection, especially the Jedi Order figures....I'm still hopeful that Sideshow will re-visit the order in the future with an occasional new Knight. So, when Padawan Kenobi was released , I was thrilled....he's one of my favorite Star Wars characters and this release really did him justice.

I have been returning to this figure again and again...changing it up for display, taking new pics...jut really enjoying it...

That's when I realized....hey, this is a toy...that brings me delight and enjoyment like the best toys do.

So...I'll say it now....the Sideshow Sixth-Scale Order of the Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi is my personal figure of the year. A success on every level..a great display piece and a fun toy.

Thanks, Sideshow....for makig it okay for an ol' guy to play...can't wait to see what the new year offers up...

Now, the Padawan is on display with the Jedi Master...both of these fine figures are still available through Sideshow....

....this is how I'm having them on display for now.

Back