Star Wars Boba Fett Mythos Statue!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score

Here he is! The deadliest Bounty Hunter in the Galaxy in SSC Mythos form. To say that SSC knocked this one out of the part would be an understatement. This is without question one of SSC greatest achievements. The whole Mythos line is one gigantic achievement. Piece after piece SS's Mythos SW statues have been nothing short of amazing. So much detail, so much character, so much story all rolled into one (or soon to be five) great statues.

I have seen two others of these in person. I Own the Maul, had the Obi Wan but sent it back due to quality issues. I have only seen GG in pics but have been just as impressed with that one as the other two. However Fett is the winner all the way.

I am not one to get overly excited about new pieces. In fact I am usually a tad let down because of all the build up and all the pics I see online sort of makes getting a product anti climatic. It usually takes a day or two for me to really fall in love with a piece. Not so with Boba Fett. this guy is amazing right out of the box and I can say that if you are a fett fan then you should own this piece. Bunny ears and all.

Now on to the review.

Helmet sculpt - 4.5 out of 5 - The PF of this character got a lot of flack for having an incorrect shaped helmet. That is not the case here. Now I am no super Fett expert but this seems to be a film accurate looking Fett helmet. It's not 100% perfect but it's pretty damn great looking. Some out there are having issues with the wolf/bunny ears on the top. I guess the fact that I knew about those from the old prototype photos and the fact that the Clones have used the same thing for their helmets, so it does not bother me at all. Fett's scope is made out of plastic and you are able to move it up or down.

Body Sculpt - 5out of 5 / Pose - 5 out of 5 - Total - 5 out of 5

Seriously this is perfect. PERFECT!!! The pose, the look, the sculpt, everything is perfect!! I love the Western motif. The Poncho and kilt (also seen in early proto photos) really work for this character. The armor is top notch. The pose they have him in just screams Bad A$$!! This is one of the "coolest" looking pieces in my collection and that is all about what Boba Fett is... Cool. And this is the coolest I have ever seen him.

Some have complained about the over the top large gun. For me it is perfect and adds to the "cool" factor. Fett is simply ready to take out about 30 villainess scum all on his own and he is going to start out with his large Sniper blaster. This fett is armed to the teeth. His Classic blaster is in his other hand, his hand blaster is at his side. He has another over his shoulder, three lightsabers, his missile launching jet pack, a knife, and a flame thrower. That is what I call "ready to tango".

For those who don't like the larger blaster you have a switch out hand which holds a smaller blaster (again from the original proto costume). It is a huge step down form the larger gun but in all honesty I did not think it looked to bad in person. Much better then photos.

Paint - 5 out of 5 Of course any great sculpt can be ruined by poor paint apps. Again SSC goes above and beyond with this product. I absolutely love how they got the dirt effects on his pants. His armor, weapons, jet pack, everything is just done perfectly. My Wolf ears were a little off center but SSC is sending me another head because there was some chips in my helmet so I am not docking any points since everyone else's look perfect. Great job again with this Mythos line.

Base - 4.5 out of 5 - Basically perfect for this character. I just wish they added a tad more color to the base. As is it's sort of a Diarrhea color. But that is nit picking and something I my try and customize in the future. Other wise the detail and look is great!

Overall - 4.5 out of 5 As I have said. Boba Fett is cool and this piece just oozes cool. IMO this is the best piece in the Mythos line. You just can't beat the wicked detail. How much detail?? So much great detail that he also has very detailed wookie braids that you can't even see but it's just great knowing they are there! That's how detailed:). I can't recommend this piece high enough! Now bring on the Dark Lord of the Sith!!!!!!!!

Back