So That's How Frodo's in The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
So That's How Frodo's in The Hobbit
By Rob Bricken in Miscellaneous, Movies Wednesday, November 2, 2011 at 10:45 am

​I'm not normally one for AICN, but you can occasionally find some good news amongst all the effusive slobbering and self-congratulations (much like you can occasionally find news on TR amongst all the _____ing and typos). Case in point: One of the AICN guys went to New Zealand for the filming of The Hobbit movies, and saw confirmed how Elijah Wood's Frodo will be inserted:
What's Frodo doing in The Hobbit? I don't want to spoil too much, but I can say that Frodo is part of the connecting tissue between The Hobbit and Fellowship of the Ring.

In fact, the next shot was an over the shoulder on Elijah Wood hammering a sign up on Bag End's front gate: "No Admittance Except On Party Business." You guys should have an idea where that puts this moment in the timeline.

Specifically, at the end of the second Hobbit movie so it ends about half an hour before Fellowship of the Ring begins. I don't think linking the two projects is strictly necessary -- is anyone really going to be confused that The Hobbit is part of the LotR saga once Ian McKellan pops up as Gandalf? -- but it's also hardly the end of the world. Anyways, it's nice to have Frodo's role confirmed, lest anyone worry that Bilbo was going to suggest to the dwarves that they take his inexplicably full-grown nephew along to Lonely Mountain. Thanks to Jamey for the tip.

Back