Sideshow Collectibles 1/6 Harley Quinn - Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
The second in Sideshow's long awaited entry into DC Comics 1/6 scale figures - the prime henchwoman of crime, the Diva of Decadence, the Queen of Mayhem - the divine Ms. Harley Quinn!
harley.jpg

One thing I love, (although your mileage may vary) is that Sideshow can let loose with the designs on these characters. Harley has been interpreted a few ways over her relatively short lifespan at DC and SSC brings their own flourishes to the character and her costume that may not sit well with some fans, but I think definitely works on this figure.

harley36.jpg

But first the packaging - SSC has adopted the Hot Toys style box for these figures and this is the same type we saw with Joker.
harley32.jpg

A minimal cover and inside an artistic 2D representation of this version of the character on a cardboard insert and the back of the box.
harley33.jpg

Inside everything has it's place in neat plastic trays that are easily removed and replaced.

harley34.jpg

Dr. Quinzel comes with quite a few accessories - and I'm in love with the huge Mallet with "Your Face Here" on the business end. Most 1/6 figures wouldn't be able to hold up this Mallet, but Harls can do it - you might need a bit of patience to get the pose that you want exactly right. And I wouldn't expect her to hold this pose on a permanent basis.
harley35.jpg

harley40.jpg

harley37.jpg

She comes with two headsculpts - the more traditional one has a maniacal grin. Another great thing about both sculpts - the pom pom points of both are posable which allows her mood to change with her hat position.

harley38.jpg

The other head has her squinting as if sizing someone up...

harley41.jpg

...or trying to get the dose j-u-s-t right. (cool syringe hand - it's attached to the hand, so it's harder to lose or break).
harley42.jpg

The collar of her costume is PVC and has a texture sculpted into it. It also has a little bow on the back, but I think it looks pretty good on the front - it seems either way works for the collar.

She also has "HA HA" brass knuckles with the letters reversed so they'll leave "HA HA" printed on her victim's face.

harley43.jpg

She's got her pop gun with a removeable cork, and the exclusive version of Harley has an elaborate knife.

harley44.jpg

harley45.jpg

harley46.jpg

She makes a great companion for Mr. J - although I might want her to be a bit shorter. She's nearly as tall as he is, which isn't really the scale in the comics or animated series.

harley47.jpg

harley48.jpg

harley49.jpg

The corset is removable - you can see pics on Sideshow's site, but I like it, it fits this design for the character. And it's probably a pain to get back on - so it stays.

harley50.jpg

A great detail that many might miss - "KA POW" on the the soles of her boots - reversed like the HA HA knuckledusters so that it will leave the word right ways when imprinted on a foe's forehead or backside.

harley51.jpg

The sculpts, costume, accessories, and yes, even the body are all top notch on this figure. Definitely a worthwhile addition to the DC shelf.

Still available from Sideshow:
<SCRIPT type="text/javascript" src="https://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/JsTracker.aspx?aid=11&bid=58081"></SCRIPT>

Back