Angel Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Buffy the Vampire Slayer maquette line has been pretty successful from an artistic viewpoint if not from a financial one. Since we don't have an announcement of another statue we have to assume that the line is on "hold" or in other words - D E A D.

DSC_0042.jpg

But they go out on a very strong note with Angel. This seems to be Angel from his own show as he's standing on a gargoyle as he was wont to do on the rooftops of Los Angeles rather than lurking in alleys as he did in Sunnydale.
DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Just like Spike, the exclusive version comes with a vampire face as well as the standard human portrait. Both are excellent likenesses to David Boreanz, although I'm not sure the hair is as spiky as it was in the early Angel days.

The base and gargoyle are excellent and fit in with the style, feel and scale of the bases for the other pieces in the series.

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

He's essentially a guy dressed in black with a long black coat, which could be deadly boring - but they succeeded in giving the the costume some drama by having the coat blowing in the wind - as it might on a breezy LA rooftop.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

The paint supports the strong sculpt, with some actual tonal variance, unusual for a lot of production pieces. Frequently the factory can't match the paint detail on the prototype, but in the case I think they did a pretty good job.

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

It's a more dynamic pose than the Premium Format Figure of Angel, but there's only so much you can do with a character known for standing around looking broody.

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

Both Angel and Spike are looking down so they'll display well together and the whole line has a very streamlined look.

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

Overall I'm glad that we got this many in this Buffy line, but I have to feel that it's ended too soon.

The exclusive is on Waitlist, but the regular version is still available as is Spike and Faith.

Angel Statue

Spike Statue

Faith Statue

Back