Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    ILLest of 'em all!! MODERATOR
    Feedback
    49 (100%)
    Follow The ill Jedi On Twitter Follow The ill Jedi on Tumblr Visit The ill Jedi's Instagram Channel

Default Re: Chernabog Premium Format

This looks amazing, Andy B did a fantastic job with the sculpt!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    36 (100%)

But I don't know how that is a Premium Format. The light up eyes would make this perfect but I don't believe I will get it. I have too many things I want....

However, I've changed my mind before...

Super Freak
    Feedback
    47 (100%)
    Great piece! Dunno what makes it a PF? Seems like a reg statue to me. I don't really like that the PF tag is becoming more of a blanket coverall description.

I wish the video had some regular lighting shots as to better judge the paint apps Tom was digging on, but those pics will come eventually.

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    It's a PF because Sideshow only has the license for premium format from Disney.

And the more I think about it, the more I'm cool with the paint simulating the lighting effects rather than actually having lights. It has more of an animated feel that way and better simulates how the character looked in the film.

I like your point about the animated look, I hadn't thought of that.
    "It's Frank's world. I'm just livin' in it." ~Dean Martin

Super Freak

Feedback
    9 (100%)
    I like the sculpt, I like the fact it is PF, I like that SS is going to do some paint apps to make it "look" lit up.

I still think the eyes should either light up OR glow from the effects of iridescent paint app.

I'm in for this one.

Really awesome looking piece... I'm not 100% sold on the pose. But the sculpt, paint work and deatils on base are just awesome!

Chernabog has always been one of my favorites; not sure where he'll go but I really think this is a "must have" for the collection

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    I like it, but the fact that Sideshow is relying on the paint apps to give the desired shading and lighting worries me. The prototype I'm sure will look great, but how will that translate into the final product? If the paint apps are a miss, then the piece won't work.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Does anyone here own the WDCC Chernabog? I thought it was funny, that Sideshows Chernabog will be half the price and twice the size of that version.

Anyone who does own the WDCC Chernabog, will you be purchasing this one aswell? I'd love to see a size comparison.
    [

I think this will have a small ES like the Evil Queen and that should make it esier for Sideshow to keep a tight grip on the paint apps. The Dinosauria pieces have all been beautiful, which may or may not be due to the ES so it is speculation on my part.
    "It's Frank's world. I'm just livin' in it." ~Dean Martin