Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 334 of 334 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334
Results 3,331 to 3,333 of 3333
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    26 (100%)
    Default Re: Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by darkknight View Post
    Gonna be at Disneyworld this Monday for the first time with my family. 4 day hopper. Any cool exclusive toys/items I should keep an eye out exclusively? Is the personal Avatar figure worth it?
    I have seen people do the avatar figures, I’m not sure they are worth it. There is a lot of cool merchandise around. All stores will ship to your home so don’t waste time / effort carrying stuff around!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jra81984 View Post
    I have seen people do the avatar figures, Iím not sure they are worth it. There is a lot of cool merchandise around. All stores will ship to your home so donít waste time / effort carrying stuff around!
    Thanks, I was in a Disney resort so anything I bought they would deliver to my hotel. But since the avatar figure was a custom they said they could not deliver to my hotel, but it was small enough to put in my back back. I ended up doing one. I dont know if it really is a 3d printer with all the same head sculpt and the only custimization they let you custom is the color of the eyes, stripes on the face and style of the hair.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190609_062038.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	453.0 KB 
ID:	456749

"I know what freedom is. I know what it feels like to fight for it, and I know what it cost to have it." ~ Captain America

Quote Originally Posted by darkknight View Post
    Thanks, I was in a Disney resort so anything I bought they would deliver to my hotel. But since the avatar figure was a custom they said they could not deliver to my hotel, but it was small enough to put in my back back. I ended up doing one. I dont know if it really is a 3d printer with all the same head sculpt and the only custimization they let you custom is the color of the eyes, stripes on the face and style of the hair.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190609_062038.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	453.0 KB 
ID:	456749
    That's all it is. There's only a handful of facial variations. If you call them out for that at the store they will actually laugh because almost everyone complains.

Honestly Avatar land in general seems to be pretty poorly thought out. First off, the film occupies a weird place in pop culture where almost no one really has any specific attachment to anything in the film except for the visuals (which are pretty standard today). While glow in the dark trees are cool and that one flying ride is really amazing, the rest of the park is pretty lackluster. There aren't even any animatronic Navi anywhere.

Combined with the slightly too high concept meta narrative of the park where you are a visitor to the resort on Pandora established after the first film; there are a few slightly unsettling undertones. There are photos hung all over the park of Navi at groundbreaking ceremonies (Yea, that's what Navi love. Groundbreakings....) and rides whose backstory is to deliberatly commercialize super sacred Navi right of passages but not a single Navi. If you ask someone at the park (who are "in character") where the Navi are if this is Pandora they will basically brush it off and tell you not to worry about it. Honestly the vibe I got was that they colonized this part of the planet and killed off everyone that lived there.