Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 321 of 322 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3213

Default Re: Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Planning a trip to WDW with the girlfriend for new years eve week. Probably packed but hopefully still fun.
    That would be great! Yes! go with it! I'm sure it will be so much fun! My family had a wonderful experience in WDW and we wish to try another trip again. Lots of amazing and beautiful spots in there.

crispy delicious cookie
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Planning a trip to WDW with the girlfriend for new years eve week. Probably packed but hopefully still fun.
    My NYE experience a while back:

They started passing out horns in Epcot literally around 4 PM. So the park was JAM PACKED, and almost everyone started blowing the horns nonstop. I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but chances are you might have a similar opinion : a crammed park sucks. A crammed park filled with thousands of people blowing horns for hours sucks more than the human brain is able to comprehend.

At about 7-8, my wife and I realized it was either leave the park, or have our trip ruined by the inevitable trial for our murdering another person.

We went over to Downtown. This is the perfect medium. You get a good sized crowd - more than you'd like on a random day, but a nice large crowd to make you feel part of a NYE celebration. The Downtown stage has stuff set up for NYE fun, if you like that stuff. But most importantly, there's an official countdown.*

Where you want to be at midnight is fully up to you, obviously. But being at Downtown with your SO - I can fully recommend that as a wonderful balance of fun crowds but lacking the "I wonder if the plastic fork I got from that food stand could kill multiple people" aspect.

*Regarding the countdown. My girlfriend (now wife) were mulling around with a handful of people. One person said, "Huh. It's 5 seconds before midnight." Sure enough, it was. So we all looked around and let out a confused, "Uh... yay?" And did some half-hearted kissing. We thought NYE was kind of ruined. A few minutes later, the stage got the "Official Disney" countdown going. So we got to be part of the big celebration, despite the fact that Disney didn't give a fug - they celebrated midnight on their own terms. So at 12:03 we got to be part of the "ball drop". My gf and I didn't care - as far as we were concerned we got to be part of two "midnights", one small and one big.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cokebabies View Post
    My NYE experience a while back:

They started passing out horns in Epcot literally around 4 PM. So the park was JAM PACKED, and almost everyone started blowing the horns nonstop. I don't want to tell you how to live your life, but chances are you might have a similar opinion : a crammed park sucks. A crammed park filled with thousands of people blowing horns for hours sucks more than the human brain is able to comprehend.

At about 7-8, my wife and I realized it was either leave the park, or have our trip ruined by the inevitable trial for our murdering another person.

We went over to Downtown. This is the perfect medium. You get a good sized crowd - more than you'd like on a random day, but a nice large crowd to make you feel part of a NYE celebration. The Downtown stage has stuff set up for NYE fun, if you like that stuff. But most importantly, there's an official countdown.*

Where you want to be at midnight is fully up to you, obviously. But being at Downtown with your SO - I can fully recommend that as a wonderful balance of fun crowds but lacking the "I wonder if the plastic fork I got from that food stand could kill multiple people" aspect.

*Regarding the countdown. My girlfriend (now wife) were mulling around with a handful of people. One person said, "Huh. It's 5 seconds before midnight." Sure enough, it was. So we all looked around and let out a confused, "Uh... yay?" And did some half-hearted kissing. We thought NYE was kind of ruined. A few minutes later, the stage got the "Official Disney" countdown going. So we got to be part of the big celebration, despite the fact that Disney didn't give a fug - they celebrated midnight on their own terms. So at 12:03 we got to be part of the "ball drop". My gf and I didn't care - as far as we were concerned we got to be part of two "midnights", one small and one big.
    Thank you for the heads up. Still looking into it.

Unrelated note. When i went to Disney years ago we got the meal plan and it financially seemed fair and made a lot of sense. I looked at it now and it no longer seems the case. Does anyone know if they changed it. Doesn't look like a good deal anymore.

"it can't rain all the time"

Unrelated note. When i went to Disney years ago we got the meal plan and it financially seemed fair and made a lot of sense. I looked at it now and it no longer seems the case. Does anyone know if they changed it. Doesn't look like a good deal anymore.

I haven't had a chance to read it through yet but if anyone else has knowledge on it I'd be interested too.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...y-dining-plan/

More pics... Pirates of the Caribbean celebrated its 50th anniversary last month so I tried to take new pics.

crispy delicious cookie
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Thank you for the heads up. Still looking into it.

I think fully apples to apples, the dining plan is at best break even and at worst paying for stuff you might not buy.

I am still a fan. My reason is that - even if the dollar value is only "close" - I like having it paid off ahead of time. Getting those giant post-Disney bills sucks. When I pre-pay for the dining plan, I'm still in "going to WDW" mode. That's a good thing. Getting the credit card bills after? That's a bad thing.

But your memory isn't deceiving you - it used to be a LOT more valuable.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cokebabies View Post
    I think fully apples to apples, the dining plan is at best break even and at worst paying for stuff you might not buy.

I am still a fan. My reason is that - even if the dollar value is only "close" - I like having it paid off ahead of time. Getting those giant post-Disney bills sucks. When I pre-pay for the dining plan, I'm still in "going to WDW" mode. That's a good thing. Getting the credit card bills after? That's a bad thing.

But your memory isn't deceiving you - it used to be a LOT more valuable.
    Thanks for the info. I guess more research is needed.

"it can't rain all the time"

More pics from Disneyland... you've already seen the Main Street Electrical Parade but here it is again...

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar
    Shipwreck on the Rocks

New Third Edition Shrunken Zombie Head

Star Wars Land progress

Pirates 5 sneak peek

Last of my Disneyland pics before I head to florida.

Tower of Terror is pretty much Guardians of the Galaxy now. Grand opens May 27.

I brought my baby GROOT toy for a photo

New droids

Protocol droid building

Kylo Ren on a temper tantrum

alright that's it! Maybe i have some universal hollywood pics....

crispy delicious cookie
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Last of my Disneyland pics before I head to florida.

Tower of Terror is pretty much Guardians of the Galaxy now. Grand opens May 27.

I went with my family for Dec 24, 25, 26 expecting crowds. I don't like crowds. I have a hard time suffering rudeness or excessive stupidity and those are hard to avoid gathering humans in large numbers. We planned the use of fast passes carefully and booked dinners, bought a meal plan. Yes, it was expensive, but the systems they have in place for people using those options mean crowds are no issue. I would recommend spending the extra money for those things. Did it cost me extra? Yes, not an insignificant amount. Totally worth it imo though! I don't think we waited for more than 10 mins for anything. I was super happy and we did EVERYTHING we wanted to.

Page 321 of 322 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322 LastLast