Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    İFly, All rights reserved
    Feedback
    24 (100%)
    Default Re: HOT TOYS DAVY JONES

Looks fantastic. Really making it hard to continue passing on this line. Problem is that I would now need to pick up Jack and Will, for sure. (I can live without the other two figs... for now...)
    -------------------------------------------------
    A good discussion is like a miniskirt; Short enough to maintain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

Ringer @ Heart MODERATOR
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Follow The Josh On Twitter Follow The Josh on Flickr Visit The Josh's Youtube Channel
    Will have to make sure I pick this one up.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post
    Did you meaen Righetti? I hope there is a Pintel and Righetti as well. Those two are the Droids of POTC

Aw shucks...you're right and I'm a potential dementia sufferer at my age, I mean where the hell did Spinetti or whatever I called him come from?
    If your criticism isn't constructive......STFU!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I say it once I say it again...DAVY JONES WILL BE MINE!!!

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    Nice, but I'm going to be as mindlessly critical as the SSC critics.

I'd like to see more differentiation in texture. It's obviously all molded plastic, but the screen character had slimy seaweek, rough coral, ragged cloth, etc. This kind of looks no better than the 12" NECA.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Yeah, I would of prefered a cloth outfit, with molded coral and other things attached to it. but if it's all flexable rubber, then I can live with it.
    It's About a Bunch a Brightly colored superhero military guys, teaming up with ninjas, A Real life Pro Wrestler, and a Real Life football player. They Fight a supervillian terrorist organizeation which is lead alternatively by a genetic compiste of earth's greatest historical figures in a hilarious snake-man costume, and a used-car salesman
    http://www.polished-turd.com

Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Dave View Post

I'd like to see more differentiation in texture. It's obviously all molded plastic, but the screen character had slimy seaweek, rough coral, ragged cloth, etc. This kind of looks no better than the 12" NECA.
    My thoughts as well.

A 1:6 body over a molded plastic shell is lame.

The sculpt and accessories are nice but this figure isn't worth the average Hot Toys price.

I'll disagree on that its not worth it, but I I do think fabric that had been coated would probably look better. I think this is definitely the best Davy I've seen in the scale... but it is possible he might be a bit too shiny overall.

Such is Life - Ned Kelly
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Dave View Post

I agree. The Neca sculpt is just as good. On the shelf you will have saved yourself $100.

The textures will be better on the Hot Toys one, having a mixture of plastic and silicon. It will have more articulation. Be able to hold a cane and a sword, have some added extra accessories, the pipe, chest, heart, cane/sword, keys. I would think it will loose lower body articulation, cause he'll probably only be able to stand. So basically it will look the same as Neca's. From Hot Toy$ pics, it's great eye candy.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by creecher View Post
    I agree. The Neca sculpt is just as good. On the shelf you will have saved yourself $100.

The textures will be better on the Hot Toys one, having a mixture of plastic and silicon. It will have more articulation. Be able to hold a cane and a sword, have some added extra accessories, the pipe, chest, heart, cane/sword, keys. I would think it will loose lower body articulation, cause he'll probably only be able to stand. So basically it will look the same as Neca's. From Hot Toy$ pics, it's great eye candy.
    Couldn't have said it better.