Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 514 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    HT VADER Rocks!
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Default Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Finally, a thread for all! I couldn't find the original one so it's good you started this one.

Josh, I'm curious to see what you think of AWE.

Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Good idea MaulFan. There is a crap load of Pirates thread and its a ***** to keep a track of the all.

One thread to rule them all.

Is that the right trilogy?

G Arrives 5.16.2014 MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    My prediction is Josh is a bit meh about AWE at first, I love Pirates but I was a little uneasy about it the first time, and now that I've seen it 3 times (2 in theater, 1 on dvd) I like it a lot. When you first see it, it's like looking at an incomplete puzze because you missed some pieces along the way, 2 or 3 times and you get it all.

Here are some old Jack images I did, mean to do more soon, especially with Elizabeth coming Friday.

Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Darkness View Post
    There is a crap load of Pirates thread and its a ***** to keep a track of the all.
    Well, back when it was just Jack and Sao, it kinda made sense because there was no telling if the line would grow or not when Medicom only ever did Jack, but now with 4 figures out and 2 more previewing, looking good for Pirates fans.

Pfffft....
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    just got my jack sparrow version 1 today. i love it!!! and it came a day early too. still wanna see swann pics before i decide to buy her. so post away fellow freaks.

ps. the photo of jack in the rain is ****ing awesome MaulFan

I'm in as a collector of this line.

Jack and Elizabeth are on their way to me, and Will is a definite purchase. I didn't plan on getting the second Jack, but since it has the alternate head, I might. I'm just not a fan of the Cannibal Island sequence.

I'm hoping for Barbossa, Davy (human and tentacles), Calypso, and Norrington. Those right there would make me so happy.

Upcoming figures: Winter Soldier, Stealth Cap/Steve Rogers, Falcon, Star Lord and Gamora.

Thanks for starting this thread MaulFan! (Awesome pix, by the way. Can't wait to see what you do with the lovely Ms. Swann --or would that be Mrs. Turner?)

Great list, Josette. I'd tack on a DMC Will, a COTBP Will in his "D'Artagnan" get up, and a SE of Flying Dutchman Will (yeah, I know, I got Will on the brain)

Of course, what good are all these heroes without some of Davy Jones' crew to battle? Maccus, Clanker and Hadras, please...

Good idea on the new thread Sean... and good timing as my Jack figure came today! Thing is f'n amazing... I'm continually blown away by HT's figures, as my wallet screams in agony.

I was waiting to see him in hand before deciding if I would keep the HT or Medicom (no 2 jacks for me) and its an easy choice between the two. I think on almost every front (except maybe the facial expression) the HT version is just soooo much better.

Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by galactiboy View Post
    Good idea on the new thread Sean... and good timing as my Jack figure came today! Thing is f'n amazing... I'm continually blown away by HT's figures, as my wallet screams in agony.

I was waiting to see him in hand before deciding if I would keep the HT or Medicom (no 2 jacks for me) and its an easy choice between the two. I think on almost every front (except maybe the facial expression) the HT version is just soooo much better.
    I actually find the cloth on Medicom's to be more accurrate, though still not right color, and Medicom's body has more accurrate proportions in the shoulder area, but otherwise, the rest goes to Hot Toys, top notch, though I do wish the HT sash, while better looking than Medi, was softer like Medicom's, does anyone know of a good method to soften up material like that?

Do you mean on the long coat? Because I can see that, but the detail on the vest (little buttons and what not) and pants are just so much more intricate.

The Medicom figure seems to be in the simplified RAH style. Whereas, to me, the HT version looks more lived-in and real world. Although one other thing, the hat on the Medicom figure does sit a bit better than HTs. But still Medicom will be going to live with someone else... sadly they don't sell for crap right now