Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 240 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel

Default Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Quote Originally Posted by n00b skywalker View Post
    Just watched the trailer again...I think the color on his jacket is spot on. Not sure what you're seeing. I do agree about the smirk headsculpt tho. Not a great likeness.
    Jack's coat is a unique fabric that mixes shades, but ultimately, it's a shade of grey with a hint of brown to it, the best representation I've seen to date has been the NECA POTC 3 7" figure, Funko just put out a Dead Men Tell No Tales Pop that captured it well and the upcoming Diamond Select figure does a good job too. HT's coats have always come out like a milk chocolate brown which is the wrong shade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	342070

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I will probably get this since I missed out on the original DX. Rehashed parts aside, that base is what sells it for me.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    29 (100%)
    Follow Rambler On Twitter Add Rambler on Facebook Visit Rambler's Instagram Channel
    I missed out on the original, so I might be in for this. I don't like the base at all. Would put him on a standard stand with an EVILFACE decal. Just don't know if I will want to pay the $270+ for this since they slapped the DX label on it.
    CHECK OUT MY FOR SALE THREAD

Super Freak
    Feedback
    22 (100%)
    So the DX line is not dead, after all… interesting.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    21 (100%)
    I hate those type of dio stands. And this might be the worst one from HT yet based on how damn busy it looks. The Shark and water ruins it, so unnecessary. Kinda underwhelming. The Wheel that came with DX06 however is one of my favourite ones.

Wonder if they'll be an exclusive🤔

Sent from a point in space and time
    http://alfa.gifs-planet.com/new2/1634.gif

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    To me, the most worrying thing is the mix of sculpted and rooted hair. I, personally, have never been a fan of rooted hair on these figures. As good a job as has been done with some of the Black Widow figures, I still don't think they look all that good. It would really be a let-down if the color of the rooted hair is off, or there is too much or too little of it. Just too many risks, why take the gamble?
    On the flip side, as great as the original DX Sparrow is, I'd have to assume that the paint/realism will be better on this figure. But that original one is one of the best figures they've ever made, and the demand is high, so I'm not surprised that they are releasing this...
    "I could destroy you... {snaps fingers"}... yust like that!"

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    I'm super excited for this! I was recently wanting to pick up a 2nd DX so I could display with the jacket off so think this is a win win!
    I'm not 100% sold on the smiling head the DX06 smirk is better.

I wish they had changed the expression I do like the normal sculpt though!
    I'm really excited to see that the DX line is back I'm wondering if they will keep this going?

I'm really impressed by the base that comes with it and the fact it comes with moveable eyes!

Ham and Egger MODERATOR
    Feedback
    86 (100%)
    Looks good to me. Makes sense to tweak and re-release this guy, as this is a popular character and the other DX was one of the top handful of HT figures ever made. But these movies are mediocre, so no interest from me.

Well, I'm excited. I wasn't in the hobby at the time of the DX06 and I've always wanted a Jack in the collection. I do prefer the 06s base but this ones pretty freakin cool. If I had to change anything I'd drop the shark from the base. It's undersized and makes things too busy. Outside of that I love it.