Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Hot Toys Beauty and the Beast

Anybody else want one?

I keep hoping it's a possibility since a) they made Jolie from Maleficent and since b) Watson is popular with the "geekdom" so Hot Toys may think they can get some sales from producing a figure of her.

I know they didn't do the live action Cinderella or Aurora from Maleficent, but those actresses don't have the star power of Watson so perhaps they will pursue a Belle.

edit: Officially announced!

Cosbaby sets:

Last edited by hunnipot85; 03-08-2017 at 12:38 PM.

I see this movie smashing records like we've never seen, even if it somehow gets bad reviews. I would say HT is better off making a 2-pack with Beast. Other than that, Disneystore always does exclusives for their live-action films. And Hasbro as the license holder will likely do some for other retailers. The tailoring is usually quite impressive on these more mass-market ones, sometimes comparable to any high-end 1/6 figure. It's just the paint and body that is more toy-like so you'd have to customize it to make it look really good.

I have the HT Maleficent, it's okay but definitely not worth the price tag. I also have the live-action Cinderella, Aurora, and Lady Tremaine from Mattel/Disneystore that's waiting for repainted portraits (It'll be a while, I'm not that good yet). I'll likely do the same for Beast and Belle. Right now I also have a customized animated Beast that I'm working on.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    65 (100%)
    I'm surprised no one has tried to market realistic 1:6 fashion dolls, which have obviously sold well historically in stylized and larger scales. I always liked the Gene line and have owned several of them.

Obviously there is the whole 'femdoll' niche to this hobby, but those are pretty much solely aimed at a subset of male collectors, even the fashion accessories. Of course at the same time companies like Phicen have delivered a realistic base body.

It's probably all about finding a way to market it to the target audience. This movie would be a good opportunity.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    28 (100%)
    Yeah, I thought of this a while back. They've made Chewie twice, so I could see them making Beast with hair. A 2-pack with Belle would be great.
    "I was forgotten here to rot, but I was saved. Remade, by the same hand that shapes your destiny even now."

Since HT already has Disney's Marvel and Star Wars I'm sure they could get other properties. HT did make Maleficent. I picked one up, however not sure how well it sold. My Wife and I saw Cinderella with our friends and it was a gorgeous movie. I'd add a Cinderella and Prince to the collection. Beauty and the Beast as well. We have Disney porcelain collectibles from when our kids were younger.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    23 (100%)
    There is a big difference. Jolie is pretty. Plus Watson is insufferable...
    Why Superman rocks! ...

Star Ace has the likeness rights to Emma, doe that matter? I believe McFarlane never made a Jordan because Upper Deck had his.

I'm really looking forward to this movie. I like Emma Watson and love Beauty and the Beast.

I'll probably get one of the Disney store dolls they make.

That's what heroes do
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonsleeper View Post
    Star Ace has the likeness rights to Emma, doe that matter? I believe McFarlane never made a Jordan because Upper Deck had his.
    Different film. Different contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexus View Post
    I see this movie smashing records like we've never seen, even if it somehow gets bad reviews. I would say HT is better off making a 2-pack with Beast. Other than that, Disneystore always does exclusives for their live-action films. And Hasbro as the license holder will likely do some for other retailers. The tailoring is usually quite impressive on these more mass-market ones, sometimes comparable to any high-end 1/6 figure. It's just the paint and body that is more toy-like so you'd have to customize it to make it look really good.

I have the HT Maleficent, it's okay but definitely not worth the price tag. I also have the live-action Cinderella, Aurora, and Lady Tremaine from Mattel/Disneystore that's waiting for repainted portraits (It'll be a while, I'm not that good yet). I'll likely do the same for Beast and Belle. Right now I also have a customized animated Beast that I'm working on.
    I saw the Hasbro ones and unfortunately they are hideous. I am hoping the Disney Store ones are good, but I think they tend to make their heads really big

I am really hoping Barbie does one. They did a Cinderella live action one when it came out and it had a great likeness to Lily James. I'm not sure if its a possibility now though since Hasbro has made some dolls.