Welcome to SideshowCollectors.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Default Re: Prime 1 Studio - Wonder Woman - Training Outfit

I reached out to Prime 1 on Facebook regarding the issue that holding me back from ordering. I don't mind the museum pose, but it's noticeably narrowed from the promo image it's based on, seemingly to one side, too. She looks off-balance and lacking in battle-readiness, which is a characteristic already lacking in P1's translation of her portrait. I know the training version represents a more youthful, untested Diana, but not after she's retrieved the god-killer sword, which was her big "call-to-action" moment.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	346cf0047c3d48127ca8c5733a44d8e8.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	354581
    I want to support this piece, as expensive as it is, in hopes its success will give us an accompanying Amazon and/or villain (it would be a waste of separate license to just do WW when this costume is her only significant variation from the BvS or JL looks.) As it stands, I'm waiting until at least WonderFest.

I somewhat agree. It would look better with a slightly wider stance like the image above.

It's not like it'll make the base any wider.

But if this piece comes close to the prototype I'll be getting this in my collection.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Follow CallMeTheDoctor on Tumblr Visit CallMeTheDoctor's Instagram Channel
    I'm okay if they did her WW outfit as it is a bit brighter compared to the JL and BvS. But I would absolutely love her long curly hair, with her coat in mix media!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarakawa View Post
    Man, I wish this was 1/4 scale. This is easily the best representation of Gal Gadot WW in statue form IMO.
    Agreed.

1/3 just doesn't fit for me! argggg!!!! I need Iron Studios to do a 1/4 WW and nail it.
    At least it's not 1/2 scale.

Although if Prime 1 does her in the iconic WW outfit, I will consider even at 1/3. i NEED a good gadot WW in my collection and no other pieces are doing it for me.
    Then this is it for now, unless you want to go 1/2 scale for the iconic WW outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by epitaph04 View Post
    Itll display well from just about any angle and height though.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeTheDoctor View Post
    What's boring about this pose? It's ****ing museum. I love it. Ordered mine.
    Yes and that's what makes it boring, she is just doing nothing but standing there. It should be more scene specific from the training or battling scenes from the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker(OG)Kush View Post
    Its up for PO https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...studio-903152/ $899.99

My wife really likes this statue, she said if I buy it we can display her upstairs, not hidden away in my collection room/basement like the rest of my statues & figures
    You are so p$ssywhipped

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    The museum pose works for me for this one, especially considering the promo picture that this piece is based upon. I think it was smart of Prime 1 to do the training uniform for the 1/3 so as not to detract from the 1/2 scale piece but I wouldn't be surprised to see them release a 1/3 scale "Wonder Woman Costume" version in the near future, especially if this one sells well. My opinion is that they will sell more of this version if it comes out before the regular costumed version because collectors would be more likely to pass by this version if they already had the other version but, if they have this one, they will probably want the other costume as well.

Personally, I like that it is different but I also feel that Prime 1 is being extra confident with a worldwide total ES of 1000. With such an accurate sculpt, however, they may very well sell out in time. I also like that it seems to be a solid sculpt without visible seam lines but I was surprised to see that there was no EX at all. I ordered it anyway and painfully crossed two Sideshow PFs off my list to pay for it).

Super Freak
    Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
    I ordered it anyway and painfully crossed two Sideshow PFs off my list to pay for it).
    Wise decision

How about a really nice Wonder Woman statue in her classic togs with her lasso in hand? LOL